Career Opportunities for Sonographer in NC
This high pay comes with a range of challenging and interesting career opportunities. Sonography tech may specialize in any of several body systems as they provide information that assists members of the medical team in making diagnoses. Some of the areas ultrasound technicians focus on include these:
- the stomach and digestive system;
- the heart;
- blood vessels and blood flow;
- the spinal cord and brain;
- soft tissue and joints;
- fetal development and female reproductive health;
- breast mammography
How to Become a Sonographer in NC
To become a sonographer in North Carolina, begin with a certificate or associate's degree program at one of many community colleges, technical colleges or private colleges that offer this specialized training. Programs are offered throughout the state:
- Sonography tech schools in Charlotte NC and surroundings -- Catawba Valley Community College; ECPI; Gaston College; King's College
- Sonography tech schools in the Triangle and Piedmont NC -- Brookstone College; Durham Technical Community College; Forsyth Technical Community College; Johnston Community College; Miller-Motte College; Piedmont Community College; South Piedmont Community College
- Sonography tech schools in Coastal NC -- Cape Fear Community College; Carteret Community College; Pitt Community College; Stanly Community College
- Sonography tech schools in the Mountains of NC -- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College; Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute; Southwestern Community College
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science w/Con Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- AS Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- AAS Radiologic Technology
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
Pursuing Certification via Sonography Tech Schools in NC
Sonographers who work at North Carolina do not need any certification or license. Some states are considering legislation to require licensing of sonography tech so obtaining certification may be wise for long-term professional development.
To obtain certification, a person must pass an exam. Most people take the exam provided by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Some people find it easiest to pass the exam after completing an accredited course for sonography. About half of the training courses offered in North Carolina are accredited. Other students may use an exam preparation program, available online, to make sure they are ready for the test.
Career Futures for Sonography Tech School NC Graduates
Most graduates of North Carolina sonography tech schools find jobs in hospitals and surgical centers. However, a growing number of these graduates find work in private diagnostic centers and doctors' offices as well. Job opportunities are expected to continue growing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates 22 percent job growth for this career between 2008 and 2018 in North Carolina.
Medical Sonography Classes in North Carolina
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC)||103 South Bldg Cb 9100 |
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599
|University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG)||1400 Spring Garden St |
Greensboro, North Carolina 27402
|North Carolina Central||1801 Fayetteville Street |
Durham, North Carolina 27707
|Johnston Community College||245 College Road |
Smithfield, North Carolina 27577
|Carteret Community College||3505 Arendell St |
Morehead City, North Carolina 28557
|Southwestern Community College (Sylva)||447 College Dr |
Sylva, North Carolina 28779
|Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College||340 Victoria Rd |
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
|Pitt Community College||1986 Pitt Tech Road |
Winterville, North Carolina 28590
|Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute||2855 Hickory Blvd. |
Hudson, North Carolina 28638
|Cape Fear Community College||411 North Front Street |
Wilmington, North Carolina 28401
|Forsyth Technical Community College||2100 Silas Creek Pky |
Winston Salem, North Carolina 27103
|South Piedmont Community College||680 Highway 74 West |
Polkton, North Carolina 28135