Oklahoma residents interested in a growing field in the medical industry often choose diagnostic medical sonography. Read below and learn about the various ultrasound technician schools in Oklahoma, as well as the various programs offered.
Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oklahoma
Individuals interested in becoming ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma have about six accredited ultrasound technician schools from which to choose. Accreditation is a requirement set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology for any students interested in certification. The following Oklahoma schools offer ultrasound technician degree programs.
- American Institute of Medical Technology
- Bacone College
- Moore Norman Technology Center
- Oklahoma City Community College
- University of Oklahoma – Health Sciences Center
- Oklahoma State UniversitySonography Education in Oklahoma
Sonography training programs in Oklahoma have a blended curriculum of coursework, lab studies and clinical experiences at local health facilities. Course topics include ultrasound physics and instrumentation, small parts sonography, abdominal, OB/GYM and vascular sonography, medical terminology and patient care, among others. The student must complete the clinical portion, which provides them with hands-on training performing various sonography positions. Although it may vary, ultrasound technician programs are generally 2-year programs.
The Oklahoma Medical Board requires their ultrasound technicians are licensed, which can be accomplished by passing a certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Licensure is good for two years; to remained licensed, the technician must complete 50 hours of continuing education credits, which can be taken through the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
At Platt College, we encourage our students to follow their passions, wherever they may lie, to find a career they love.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Sonography Tech in Oklahoma
As of May 2012, the mean annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma was $60,930, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Oklahoma may vary by location, level of training and experience, certifications obtained and employer. An entry-level technician may earn around $43,000, while an experienced technician may earn a wage has high as $89,000 in cities like Oklahoma City, OK. Ultrasound technicians with certifications in various areas of sonography generally experience higher wages.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Oklahoma
Oklahoma students have various diagnostic medical sonography degree programs from which to choose. Oklahoma City Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that has students taking their courses at Moore Norman Technology Center. Students interested in attending a university can pursue the Associate in Applied Science in Cardiovascular Sonography program at Oklahoma State University.
Bacone College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Sonography, as well as a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging. Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs usually have a selective admissions process that requires applicants meet all admission requirements such as completion of admission requirements and prerequisite courses.
Medical Sonography Classes in Oklahoma
|Bacone College||2299 Old Bacone Rd |
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74403
|University of Central Oklahoma (UCO)||100 N University Dr |
Edmond, Oklahoma 73034
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW |
Norman, Oklahoma 73069
|American Institute of Medical Technology||4500 S. Garnett Rd. Suite 110 |
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
|Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City||900 N Portland |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107
|Oklahoma City Community College||7777 S May Ave |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73159
|University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center||1100 N Lindsay |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104