The state of New Mexico has two colleges that offer accredited sonography tech training: Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) in Albuquerque and Dona Ana Community College (DACC) in Las Cruces. Both two-year institutions of higher learning serving their respective communities, Central New Mexico and Dona Ana are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in collaboration with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS). CNM offers its program through its School of Health, Wellness & Public Safety, while DACC offers its own through its Health and Public Services Division.
At Central New Mexico or Dona Ana, aspiring sonographers can enroll in the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. However, students at the latter can opt for a certificate program instead; this takes about a year to complete, and it consists of 55 credits. Also, while the A.A.S. sonography program at CNM consists of 70 credits, the one at DACC requires at least 88 or 89 credits for completion. Students at either institution need to take certain prerequisites, which can be in subjects such as English, biology, algebra, physics, communications, computer science, or psychology. Of the two choices, DACC offers the more elaborate program. Worthy of note at Dona Ana is the four units of the Clinical Internship Advanced & Seminar course, designed to prepare students for a professional life in hospitals and clinics.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant Spanish
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
Penn Foster College
Penn Foster College offers a complete learning experience for busy adults looking to advance their education around their schedule. With Penn Foster College, you can earn your degree or undergraduate certificate online and at a pace that’s right for you.
Here’s why thousands of students have chosen Penn Foster College:
• Accreditation —Penn Foster College is nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- Veterinary Technician (Associate)
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
SALARIES FOR MEDICAL SONOGRAPHERS
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico made a median yearly income of $68,100, or $32.74 per hour. The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in the state took home $42,200 ($20.29 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $88,000 ($42.29 per hour) in 2012. Generally, the salary numbers for diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico are higher than the national numbers. Also, the BLS expects a 36 percent jump in the number of sonographers in the state between 2010 and 2020, thus bringing the number from 470 to 650.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSCentral New Mexico Community College (Albuquerque, NM) Dona Ana Community College (Las Cruces, NM)
Medical Sonography Classes in New Mexico
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana (NMSU)||3400 S Espina |
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista SE |
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
|Dona Ana Community College||3400 S Espina St, MSC 3DA, PO Box30001, Las Cruces 88003||dabcc.nmsu.edu|