The state of New Mexico has two colleges that offer accredited sonography tech training: Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) in Albuquerque and Dona Ana Community College (DACC) in Las Cruces. Both two-year institutions of higher learning serving their respective communities, Central New Mexico and Dona Ana are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in collaboration with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS). CNM offers its program through its School of Health, Wellness & Public Safety, while DACC offers its own through its Health and Public Services Division.
At Central New Mexico or Dona Ana, aspiring sonographers can enroll in the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. However, students at the latter can opt for a certificate program instead; this takes about a year to complete, and it consists of 55 credits. Also, while the A.A.S. sonography program at CNM consists of 70 credits, the one at DACC requires at least 88 or 89 credits for completion. Students at either institution need to take certain prerequisites, which can be in subjects such as English, biology, algebra, physics, communications, computer science, or psychology. Of the two choices, DACC offers the more elaborate program. Worthy of note at Dona Ana is the four units of the Clinical Internship Advanced & Seminar course, designed to prepare students for a professional life in hospitals and clinics.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Healthcare Management (BS)
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- Sport Management Studies - Wellness and Fitness (Bachelor of Science) - Online
SALARIES FOR MEDICAL SONOGRAPHERS
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico made a median yearly income of $68,100, or $32.74 per hour. The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in the state took home $42,200 ($20.29 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $88,000 ($42.29 per hour) in 2012. Generally, the salary numbers for diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico are higher than the national numbers. Also, the BLS expects a 36 percent jump in the number of sonographers in the state between 2010 and 2020, thus bringing the number from 470 to 650.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSCentral New Mexico Community College (Albuquerque, NM) Dona Ana Community College (Las Cruces, NM)
Medical Sonography Classes in New Mexico
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana (NMSU)||3400 S Espina |
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista SE |
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
|Dona Ana Community College||3400 S Espina St, MSC 3DA, PO Box30001, Las Cruces 88003||dabcc.nmsu.edu|