The state of New Mexico has two colleges that offer accredited sonography tech training: Central New Mexico Community College (CNM) in Albuquerque and Dona Ana Community College (DACC) in Las Cruces. Both two-year institutions of higher learning serving their respective communities, Central New Mexico and Dona Ana are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in collaboration with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRC-DMS). CNM offers its program through its School of Health, Wellness & Public Safety, while DACC offers its own through its Health and Public Services Division.
At Central New Mexico or Dona Ana, aspiring sonographers can enroll in the two-year Associate of Applied Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. However, students at the latter can opt for a certificate program instead; this takes about a year to complete, and it consists of 55 credits. Also, while the A.A.S. sonography program at CNM consists of 70 credits, the one at DACC requires at least 88 or 89 credits for completion. Students at either institution need to take certain prerequisites, which can be in subjects such as English, biology, algebra, physics, communications, computer science, or psychology. Of the two choices, DACC offers the more elaborate program. Worthy of note at Dona Ana is the four units of the Clinical Internship Advanced & Seminar course, designed to prepare students for a professional life in hospitals and clinics.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Veterinary Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
SALARIES FOR MEDICAL SONOGRAPHERS
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico made a median yearly income of $68,100, or $32.74 per hour. The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in the state took home $42,200 ($20.29 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $88,000 ($42.29 per hour) in 2012. Generally, the salary numbers for diagnostic medical sonographers in New Mexico are higher than the national numbers. Also, the BLS expects a 36 percent jump in the number of sonographers in the state between 2010 and 2020, thus bringing the number from 470 to 650.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSCentral New Mexico Community College (Albuquerque, NM) Dona Ana Community College (Las Cruces, NM)
Medical Sonography Classes in New Mexico
|New Mexico State University - Dona Ana (NMSU)||3400 S Espina |
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003
|Central New Mexico Community College||525 Buena Vista SE |
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
|Dona Ana Community College||3400 S Espina St, MSC 3DA, PO Box30001, Las Cruces 88003||dabcc.nmsu.edu|