Currently, there are no accredited schools in Montana that offer training programs specific to sonography tech, although training in radiography is available at a few institutions, with some coursework in sonography. In order for an individual to complete training in sonography at an accredited school, he or she will have to either attend school out-of-state or take online courses. A listing of accredited schools can be found through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Most accredited programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography are between 1-4 years, depending on the institution, offering a certificate, an Associates of Applied Science degree, or a Bachelor of Science Degree, with a concentration in General Sonography, Adult Echocardiography, Pediatric Echocardiography, and Vascular Sonography. After completing the program, an individual can sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) exam to be a licensed technician. Most institutions require prerequisites in college-level algebra, physics, communications, and human anatomy and physiology in order to be accepted into the program. During the completion of the curriculum, a student will receive training in basic patient care, medical ethics and laws, medical terminology, and pathophysiology. A student will then continue on to learn about the technology, including acoustic physics, Doppler ultrasound principles, and ultrasound instrumentation. The student will also learn how to recognize, identify, and document the images, and, with the supervision of a qualified physician, diagnose irregularities and disease. In addition to coursework, students will be required to participate in hands-on training with clinical rotations.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Take the first step toward a career as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with Penn Foster Career School.
- Our online Pharmacy Technician training program will help you prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
- Take our online pharmacy tech program with you wherever you go. Our custom-designed learning platform is easy to use at home or on-the-move.
- At the end of your pharmacy tech program, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable, real-world experience at a CVS/pharmacy or Walgreens near you as part of our hands-on training externship.
- With low tuition costs and customized monthly payment plans with 0% interest, Penn Foster Career School can help you start a new pharmacy technician career path without breaking your budget.
- Regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
According to Indeed.com, the average annual salary across Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is $64,000, with a range of $54,000 in Bozeman to $70,000 in Billings. The national average annual salary is $70,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs
There are currently no accredited schools in Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Nearby states have programs available at the following institutions: -Boise State University in Boise, Idaho -Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls, South Dakota -Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Online coursework training is also an available option. There are also three accredited online programs available through: -Washburn University in Topeka, KS -Jackson College in Jackson, Michigan -University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Medical Sonography Classes in Montana