In the state of Nebraska there are three colleges or universities that have accredited ultrasound technician training programs. Two of them, the University of Nebraska (through its Medical Center) and Nebraska Methodist College, are based in Omaha, the state's largest city. The third one, Bryan College of Health Sciences, is based in Lincoln, the state capital and Nebraska's second-largest city.
The School of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, which takes 12 months (one year) to complete. The one at Nebraska Methodist College is an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which is designed for completion in two years. At Nebraska Methodist, students have the choice of two tracks: Cardiovascular and Multispecialty. As the name suggests, the Cardiovascular track is more focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders concerning the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). The Multispecialty track takes a more holistic approach to ultrasound technology; it includes medical imaging of the female reproduction system (obstetrics and gynecology, or OB/GYN) and the abdominal cavity. Bryan College has the most elaborate program of all: a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that consists of 111 semester credits. Sonography students at Bryan can choose to do a dual major in Adult Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography. In this capacity, students will learn how to diagnose diseases affecting the cardiovascular system of adults.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
In 2012, diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska had a median annual income of $61,300, or made $29.47 per hour; this is according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The agency also reported that the bottom 10 percent of earners in this field made $46,900 that year ($22.54 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $76,100 ($36.60). There are 410 diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska, according to a 2010 report by the BLS, which expects a 15 percent increase in job opportunities by 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Bryan College of Health Sciences (Lincoln, NE) Nebraska Methodist College (Omaha, NE) University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||720 North 87th Street |
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
|BryanLGH College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett |
Lincoln, Nebraska 68506
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||987815 Nebraska Medical Ctr |
Omaha, Nebraska 68198
|Bryan College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett St, Lincoln, NE – 68506-1398||www.bryanhealth.com/collegeofhealthsciences|