In the state of Nebraska there are three colleges or universities that have accredited ultrasound technician training programs. Two of them, the University of Nebraska (through its Medical Center) and Nebraska Methodist College, are based in Omaha, the state's largest city. The third one, Bryan College of Health Sciences, is based in Lincoln, the state capital and Nebraska's second-largest city.
The School of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, which takes 12 months (one year) to complete. The one at Nebraska Methodist College is an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which is designed for completion in two years. At Nebraska Methodist, students have the choice of two tracks: Cardiovascular and Multispecialty. As the name suggests, the Cardiovascular track is more focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders concerning the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). The Multispecialty track takes a more holistic approach to ultrasound technology; it includes medical imaging of the female reproduction system (obstetrics and gynecology, or OB/GYN) and the abdominal cavity. Bryan College has the most elaborate program of all: a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that consists of 111 semester credits. Sonography students at Bryan can choose to do a dual major in Adult Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography. In this capacity, students will learn how to diagnose diseases affecting the cardiovascular system of adults.
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
In 2012, diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska had a median annual income of $61,300, or made $29.47 per hour; this is according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The agency also reported that the bottom 10 percent of earners in this field made $46,900 that year ($22.54 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $76,100 ($36.60). There are 410 diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska, according to a 2010 report by the BLS, which expects a 15 percent increase in job opportunities by 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Bryan College of Health Sciences (Lincoln, NE) Nebraska Methodist College (Omaha, NE) University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||720 North 87th Street |
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
|BryanLGH College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett |
Lincoln, Nebraska 68506
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||987815 Nebraska Medical Ctr |
Omaha, Nebraska 68198
|Bryan College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett St, Lincoln, NE – 68506-1398||www.bryanhealth.com/collegeofhealthsciences|