Accreditation is an assurance that the program or school meets the nationally recognized standards of quality and attending an accredited program is a prerequisite for future registration as a sonographers. When looking at the accreditation of sonography tech programs in Michigan, it is essential to know that there are two types of accreditation. There is accreditation of the program, or programmatic accreditation, and there is accreditation of the school, referred to as institutional accreditation.
The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) is a programmatic accrediting agency for educational programs in 23 health science professions, one of which is the program for sonography tech, also referred to as the diagnostic medical sonography (DMS) program. Attending an accredited program will ensure adequate preparation for entering the diagnostic sonographer profession. There are over ten ultrasound tech schools in michigan accredited by the CAAHEP.
Another factor to consider when researching sonography tech programs michigan is specialization. While there is a general sonography degree, there are also areas of specialization in the field of sonography such as obstetrical, gynecologic, vascular, and cardiac ultrasonography. If the desire to specialize is present at the outset, look for a program that offers that concentration. If the desire is to begin in the general sonography studies, yet maintain openness to specialization, consider a university that offers the opportunity to transfer from the general program to a specialized ultrasonography program.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- B/S Health Information Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
Type of Ultrasound Technician Degree
Ultrasound technician programs offer a selection of degrees from a certificate to a baccalaureate, depending upon the length of the program. Program length varies from one year for a program certificate, two years for an associate degree, and four years for the baccalaureate degree. All of these programs will provide the required education for becoming a registered ultrasound technician, however, due to the rapid advancement in ultrasound practice, serious consideration must be given to attending a university that offers the baccalaureate degree in diagnostic ultrasonography.
Possessing the baccalaureate degree will command a larger salary and offer future career opportunities in leadership and management. However, if time and finances preclude commitment to four years of education, consider attending an accredited certification program with plans to continue future education as time and finances allow.
Working as a valued member of a health care team and providing the skills to competently operate high-tech ultrasonography equipment to assist physicians in making the correct medical diagnosis makes a career as an ultrasound technician a rewarding one. Commitment to continual learning to stay abreast of this rapidly growing health care profession and to maintain expertise in the operation of modern ultrasonography machines begins with thorough research into the ultrasound technician programs in Michigan.
Medical Sonography Classes in Michigan
|University of Michigan - Ann Arbor (UM)||503 Thompson Street |
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
|Michigan State University (MSU)||220 Trowbridge Rd |
East Lansing, Michigan 48824
|Hope College||141 E 12th St |
Holland, Michigan 49423
|Grand Valley State University (GVSU)||1 Campus Dr |
Allendale, Michigan 49401
|Siena Heights University||1247 E. Siena Heights Dr |
Adrian, Michigan 49221
|Ferris State University (FSU)||1201 S State St |
Big Rapids, Michigan 49307
|Wayne State University||656 West Kirby Street |
Detroit, Michigan 48202
|Western Michigan University (WMU)||1903 West Michigan Avenue |
Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008
|Baker College of Owosso||1020 S Washington St |
Owosso, Michigan 48867
|Bay de Noc Community College||2001 N Lincoln Road |
Escanaba, Michigan 49829
|Delta College||1961 Delta Road |
University Center, Michigan 48710
|Jackson Community College||2111 Emmons Rd |
Jackson, Michigan 49201
|Sanford-Brown College-Dearborn||5900 Mercury Dr |
Dearborn, Michigan 48126
|Lansing Community College||419 N Capitol Ave |
Lansing, Michigan 48901
|Lake Michigan College||2755 East Napier Avenue |
Benton Harbor, Michigan 49022
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Rd |
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48304
|Providence Hospital and Medical Center||16001 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield 48075||www.stjohn.org|
|Henry Ford Hospital||2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit 48202||www.henryfordhealth.org|