Accreditation is an important element of the education process because it helps to ensure that students are working toward completion of a degree that meets with common standards and requirements in the professional field. Accreditation is also required when transferring to a different institution and often for entry into a graduate degree program.
In Wisconsin, there are several accredited programs to choose from. The accrediting agencies for these schools are the Joint Review of Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Sonography Education in Wisconsin
The growing need for qualified professionals in the field of sonography has increased demand for accredited, respected programs. In Wisconsin, prospective students can consider a number of different options for completing an education to prepare for entry into the field.
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the certification board for these credentials. The ARDMS designation is earned after successfully completing the examination to show competency in sonography for abdomen and obstetrics, gynecology, and breast. The RDCS credential can be earned after successfully completing the examination for adult echocardiography. The RVT certification can be earned after passing the examination for vascular ultrasound. To be a professional in the state of Wisconsin, diagnostic medical sonographers will need to obtain the appropriate certifications.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Wisconsin
Qualified, certified sonographers are needed and employed throughout the state of Wisconsin. The majority, however, work in the metropolitan areas of the state, such as Madison, Green Bay, and Milwaukee. Additionally, the job outlook through 2022 is also better than the average, with an estimated 39 percent rate of growth for the profession.
In Wisconsin, professional ultrasound technicians also have a high annual salary average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual average salary for diagnostic medical sonographers in the state of Wisconsin ranges from $72,871 to $84,220. Additionally, as of May 2012, there were 1,000 employed diagnostic medical sonographers in Wisconsin.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Wisconsin
For candidates interested in an associate’s or professional degree to those working toward completion of a bachelor’s degree, Wisconsin’s educational institutions offering the diagnostic medical sonography program include:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- University of Wisconsin
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center – School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Wisconsin Technical College
- Concordia University
- Carroll University
Medical Sonography Classes in Wisconsin
|University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW)||500 Lincoln Dr |
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W Clairemont Ave |
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 Campus Dr |
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 County Road G |
Janesville, Wisconsin 53547
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St |
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54307
|Sanford-Brown College-West Allis||6737 W Washington St., Ste 2355 |
West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
|Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center-School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography||180 W. Grange Ave. |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
|University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee||2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI – 53201||www.chs.uwm.edu|
|Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Francis Hospital||3237 South 16th Street, Milwaukee, WI – 53215||www.mywheaton.org/sonography|
|University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 440, Madison, WI – 53705||www.uwhealth.org|