Are you interested in working in a medical field that allows you to help others and offers excellent growth? If so, pursuing a career as an ultrasound technician may be a good fit for you. Read below and learn about the ultrasound technician schools in South Carolina.
Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Carolina
In spite of the excellent employment growth diagnostic medical sonographers are experiencing, South Carolina only has two accredited ultrasound technician schools. The two schools are Greenville Technical College in Greenville and Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway. Both schools offer 2-year associate degree programs.
Sonography Education in South Carolina
Students in the sonography program learn about patient care, medical ethics and the physics of ultrasound. They also gain experience in various areas of sonography such as obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal sonography. Although students must complete coursework and lab classes, a large part of the curriculum is the clinical training. Students receive supervised hands-on training performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the different areas of sonography. The programs at both schools have very selective admissions processes so applicants must be sure to meet all admission requirements, including health screenings and criminal background checks.
Graduates can take the Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam. Additionally, they can obtain certification in abdomen, breast, cardiac, obstetrics and vascular sonography.
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in South Carolina
According to a 2012 report by the U.S Department of Labor, ultrasound technologists working in Carolina are earning a lower median annual wage than what ultrasound technologists are earning nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that diagnostic medical sonographers in South Carolina earned a mean annual wage of $57,840, which is lower than the national average of $66,360. It is reported, however, that sonographers who have multiple certifications increase their earning potentials.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in South Carolina
The 4-semester Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate program offered at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a 39-credit program that can also lead to students earning an Associate in Applied Science in General Technology with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography once they have enough applicable credits.
Greenville Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can be completed in two years. The first year, which offers day, evening and weekend classes, is for completing general education and related courses, while the second year is for academic courses and clinical education.
Medical Sonography Classes in South Carolina
|Greenville Technical College||738 S Pleasantburg Dr |
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East |
Conway, South Carolina 29526
|Medical University of South Carolina||179 Ashley Ave |
Charleston, South Carolina 29425