Are you interested in working in a medical field that allows you to help others and offers excellent growth? If so, pursuing a career as an ultrasound technician may be a good fit for you. Read below and learn about the ultrasound technician schools in South Carolina.
Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Carolina
In spite of the excellent employment growth diagnostic medical sonographers are experiencing, South Carolina only has two accredited ultrasound technician schools. The two schools are Greenville Technical College in Greenville and Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway. Both schools offer 2-year associate degree programs.
Sonography Education in South Carolina
Students in the sonography program learn about patient care, medical ethics and the physics of ultrasound. They also gain experience in various areas of sonography such as obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal sonography. Although students must complete coursework and lab classes, a large part of the curriculum is the clinical training. Students receive supervised hands-on training performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the different areas of sonography. The programs at both schools have very selective admissions processes so applicants must be sure to meet all admission requirements, including health screenings and criminal background checks.
Graduates can take the Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam. Additionally, they can obtain certification in abdomen, breast, cardiac, obstetrics and vascular sonography.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in South Carolina
According to a 2012 report by the U.S Department of Labor, ultrasound technologists working in Carolina are earning a lower median annual wage than what ultrasound technologists are earning nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that diagnostic medical sonographers in South Carolina earned a mean annual wage of $57,840, which is lower than the national average of $66,360. It is reported, however, that sonographers who have multiple certifications increase their earning potentials.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in South Carolina
The 4-semester Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate program offered at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a 39-credit program that can also lead to students earning an Associate in Applied Science in General Technology with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography once they have enough applicable credits.
Greenville Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can be completed in two years. The first year, which offers day, evening and weekend classes, is for completing general education and related courses, while the second year is for academic courses and clinical education.
Medical Sonography Classes in South Carolina
|Greenville Technical College||738 S Pleasantburg Dr |
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East |
Conway, South Carolina 29526
|Medical University of South Carolina||179 Ashley Ave |
Charleston, South Carolina 29425