A hospital and two-year college provide accredited ultrasound technician programs in Rhode Island. The name of the hospital is Rhode Island Hospital, which collaborates with the state's oldest institution of higher learning (Rhode Island College) through its School of Diagnostic Imaging. The other institution is the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), which joins Rhode Island College as one of the three public schools of higher education in the state. The hospital is located in Providence, Rhode Island's capital and largest city, while the college is based in Lincoln. Their programs are fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The program at Rhode Island Hospital consists of a four-year Bachelor of Science curriculum in medical imaging, with a concentration in diagnostic medical sonography. Students spend the first two and a half years at Rhode Island College, taking general education requirement and cognate courses. The remainder of the four-year curriculum comprises clinical training at Rhode Island Hospital, in addition to The Miriam Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital. By comparison, Community College of Rhode Island has an Associate Degree in Applied Science program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which lasts two years and is administered at the institution's Flanagan Campus. Sixty-five credits are required for graduation from CCRI's program. Included in the curriculum are general, vascular, and echocardiography practicums, which consist of three units each.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that diagnostic medical sonographers in Rhode Island had a median annual salary of $75,200, or made $36.14 per hour. This is higher than the national median for that year, which was $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of Rhode Island earners in the sonography field took home $62,500 ($30.07 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $94,600 ($45.49 per hour). The BLS reported that there were around 330 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Rhode Island, a number that is expected to increase by 30 percent (to 430 professionals) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Community College of Rhode Island (Lincoln, RI) Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, RI)
Medical Sonography Classes in Rhode Island
|Brown University||One Prospect Street |
Providence, Rhode Island 02912
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Cranston||85 Garfield Avenue |
Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
|Community College of Rhode Island||400 East Ave |
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square, Building A, 4th Floor, Providence, RI – 02903||www.lifespan.org|