A hospital and two-year college provide accredited ultrasound technician programs in Rhode Island. The name of the hospital is Rhode Island Hospital, which collaborates with the state’s oldest institution of higher learning (Rhode Island College) through its School of Diagnostic Imaging. The other institution is the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), which joins Rhode Island College as one of the three public schools of higher education in the state. The hospital is located in Providence, Rhode Island’s capital and largest city, while the college is based in Lincoln. Their programs are fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The program at Rhode Island Hospital consists of a four-year Bachelor of Science curriculum in medical imaging, with a concentration in diagnostic medical sonography. Students spend the first two and a half years at Rhode Island College, taking general education requirement and cognate courses. The remainder of the four-year curriculum comprises clinical training at Rhode Island Hospital, in addition to The Miriam Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital. By comparison, Community College of Rhode Island has an Associate Degree in Applied Science program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which lasts two years and is administered at the institution’s Flanagan Campus. Sixty-five credits are required for graduation from CCRI’s program. Included in the curriculum are general, vascular, and echocardiography practicums, which consist of three units each.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation’s most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant – Day
- Medical Assistant – Eve
- Medical Billing & Coding – Day
- And more…
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Join GCU’s Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor’s programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We’re now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that diagnostic medical sonographers in Rhode Island had a median annual salary of $75,200, or made $36.14 per hour. This is higher than the national median for that year, which was $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of Rhode Island earners in the sonography field took home $62,500 ($30.07 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $94,600 ($45.49 per hour). The BLS reported that there were around 330 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Rhode Island, a number that is expected to increase by 30 percent (to 430 professionals) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Community College of Rhode Island (Lincoln, RI) Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, RI)
Medical Sonography Classes in Rhode Island
|Brown University||One Prospect Street |
Providence, Rhode Island 02912
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Cranston||85 Garfield Avenue |
Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
|Community College of Rhode Island||400 East Ave |
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square, Building A, 4th Floor, Providence, RI – 02903||www.lifespan.org|