A hospital and two-year college provide accredited ultrasound technician programs in Rhode Island. The name of the hospital is Rhode Island Hospital, which collaborates with the state's oldest institution of higher learning (Rhode Island College) through its School of Diagnostic Imaging. The other institution is the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), which joins Rhode Island College as one of the three public schools of higher education in the state. The hospital is located in Providence, Rhode Island's capital and largest city, while the college is based in Lincoln. Their programs are fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The program at Rhode Island Hospital consists of a four-year Bachelor of Science curriculum in medical imaging, with a concentration in diagnostic medical sonography. Students spend the first two and a half years at Rhode Island College, taking general education requirement and cognate courses. The remainder of the four-year curriculum comprises clinical training at Rhode Island Hospital, in addition to The Miriam Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital. By comparison, Community College of Rhode Island has an Associate Degree in Applied Science program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which lasts two years and is administered at the institution's Flanagan Campus. Sixty-five credits are required for graduation from CCRI's program. Included in the curriculum are general, vascular, and echocardiography practicums, which consist of three units each.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that diagnostic medical sonographers in Rhode Island had a median annual salary of $75,200, or made $36.14 per hour. This is higher than the national median for that year, which was $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of Rhode Island earners in the sonography field took home $62,500 ($30.07 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $94,600 ($45.49 per hour). The BLS reported that there were around 330 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Rhode Island, a number that is expected to increase by 30 percent (to 430 professionals) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Community College of Rhode Island (Lincoln, RI) Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, RI)
Medical Sonography Classes in Rhode Island
|Brown University||One Prospect Street |
Providence, Rhode Island 02912
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Cranston||85 Garfield Avenue |
Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
|Community College of Rhode Island||400 East Ave |
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square, Building A, 4th Floor, Providence, RI – 02903||www.lifespan.org|