A hospital and two-year college provide accredited ultrasound technician programs in Rhode Island. The name of the hospital is Rhode Island Hospital, which collaborates with the state's oldest institution of higher learning (Rhode Island College) through its School of Diagnostic Imaging. The other institution is the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI), which joins Rhode Island College as one of the three public schools of higher education in the state. The hospital is located in Providence, Rhode Island's capital and largest city, while the college is based in Lincoln. Their programs are fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The program at Rhode Island Hospital consists of a four-year Bachelor of Science curriculum in medical imaging, with a concentration in diagnostic medical sonography. Students spend the first two and a half years at Rhode Island College, taking general education requirement and cognate courses. The remainder of the four-year curriculum comprises clinical training at Rhode Island Hospital, in addition to The Miriam Hospital and Women & Infants Hospital. By comparison, Community College of Rhode Island has an Associate Degree in Applied Science program in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which lasts two years and is administered at the institution's Flanagan Campus. Sixty-five credits are required for graduation from CCRI's program. Included in the curriculum are general, vascular, and echocardiography practicums, which consist of three units each.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported in 2012 that diagnostic medical sonographers in Rhode Island had a median annual salary of $75,200, or made $36.14 per hour. This is higher than the national median for that year, which was $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of Rhode Island earners in the sonography field took home $62,500 ($30.07 per hour), while the top 10 percent earned $94,600 ($45.49 per hour). The BLS reported that there were around 330 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Rhode Island, a number that is expected to increase by 30 percent (to 430 professionals) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Community College of Rhode Island (Lincoln, RI) Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, RI)
Medical Sonography Classes in Rhode Island
|Brown University||One Prospect Street |
Providence, Rhode Island 02912
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Cranston||85 Garfield Avenue |
Cranston, Rhode Island 02920
|Community College of Rhode Island||400 East Ave |
Warwick, Rhode Island 02886
|Rhode Island Hospital||3 Davol Square, Building A, 4th Floor, Providence, RI – 02903||www.lifespan.org|