Becoming an sonography technician can be a very rewarding professional career. Compared to other fields with the same amount of education, the salary is higher than average as well. It is also a growing field, so employment opportunities are easier than some other fields.
When considering where to go to school to get your sonography technician certification, Phoenix, Arizona has several options for you. Here is a quick look at how you can become a certified sonographer in Phoenix.
Find Accredited Sonography School at Phoenix, Arizona
There are 4 schools in which you can receive accredited sonography technician certification: Everest College-Phoenix, DeVry University-Arizona, GateWay Community College, and Phoenix College. Each school is located in Phoenix, and has an ultrasound program worth considering.
Sonograph Education at Phoenix, Arizona
It is important to note that Sanford-Brown College at Phoenix voluntarily withdrew from their accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP), and the accreditation will run out on September, 29th, 2014. The other schools around Phoenix are all based in the city and relatively nearby each other. The average tuition of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degrees is $12,460 for Arizona residents, and the tuition for out of state students is $13,617. The cost of books is an additional $1,324.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for sonographer at Phoenix, Arizona
The average salary for sonographer in Phoenix is $69,140. The 10th percentile makes around $56,500, and the 90th percentile makes up to $90,580. There are nearly 600 registered sonography technicians working in Phoenix, this makes up the bulk of the over 800 technicians living in Arizona. Most of those working in Arizona with a degree in sonography continue to work at Phoenix after graduating from colleges in Phoenix.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Degrees in Arizona
The diagnostic medical sonography degrees in Arizona do not offer degrees in concentrations (such as chest, abdomen, breast, cardiac, musculoskeletal, neurosonology, obstetrics/gynecology, and vascular technology), they all offer "general" accredidation. Some degrees in Sonography that you can receive from Arizona include - a Sonography/Ultrasound Certificate, and an Associates Degree in Sonography.
All in all, Phoenix has opportunities for anyone looking to build a career in sonography. The schools offer quality programs, and the city is a growing city. There are plenty of opportunities for employment even without leaving Arizona.