Sonography Tech is a field that’s become very popular and in demand in recent years. If this career appeals to you but you have questions, you’ve come to the right place, particularly if you’re looking for sonography tech schools in Oregon. Read on to learn how you can become part of this demanding and challenging career.
Finding Sonography Tech Schools in Oregon
Aspiring diagnostic medical sonographers may have difficulty sonographers in Oregon because there is only one school in Oregon to offer this type of training, according to Education News. This school, the Oregon Institute of Technology, offers a diagnostic medical sonography program. Although this program is not CAAHEP-accredited, it is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), so graduates are eligible to sit for the certification exams administered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Oregon Tech reports that graduates of its program have excellent pass rate on the ARDMS exam.
In addition to Oregon Tech, students also have a few other options. Three schools, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Jackson College in Jackson, Michigan; and Washington University in Topeka, Kansas offer ultrasound technician programs through distance learning. A third option for Oregon residents is enrolling in an ultrasound technician program in a neighboring state such as California, Washington, Nevada or Idaho. Some of the above-mentioned programs are for those just beginning this career and others are aimed at those who are already working and/or certified in sonography or another healthcare field.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Does the Ultrasound Tech School in Oregon Offer a Degree Program?
Oregon Tech, one of the only ultrasound tech schools in Oregon, offers a 4-year program that culminates in a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The program has a curriculum that includes general education courses, healthcare and major-related courses, and clinical education. The first year includes general education courses such as anatomy and physiology, algebra, chemistry and English composition.
The second and third year include lab studies with courses such as pelvic sonography; cross-sectional anatomy; sonographic principles and instrumentation; fetal echo, neonatal and pediatric sonography; pathology; and healthcare management. Students spend the final year completing externships in area healthcare facilities to obtain real experience performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures.
Students who choose online diagnostic medical sonography program can complete general their courses through distance learning. Alternatively, they may choose to complete general education courses at their local college in Oregon and complete the health-related courses online. Once the courses are successfully completed, the students can complete their externships at local hospitals or healthcare facilities.
What is Career Outlook for Graduates of Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oregon?
As of May 2012, the state of Oregon had 460 diagnostic medical sonographers employed, and they earned a mean annual wage of $81,010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This amount is substantially higher than the nationwide average wage of $66,360. In fact, Oregon ranks as one of the highest paying states for this occupation. The BLS also reported that these medical professionals would see an employment growth of 46% between 2010 and 2020. Obtaining certification and improve employment options; certifications in multiple areas of sonography can enhance the resume even more.
Medical Sonography Classes in Oregon
|University of Oregon (UO)||110 Johnson Hall |
Eugene, Oregon 97403
|Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT)||3201 Campus Drive |
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601