If you have decided to become a sonographer, then you will have to enroll in and finish an accredited training program. You can also do most of the actual coursework online, which may be your best option if you are living in North Dakota. This will allow you to finish your lessons on your own time as you work towards gaining clinical sonography experience. Most of these online programs lead to one-year certifications that can help you enter the workforce as you set a goal for earning an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in ultrasound technology.
Sonography education programs will generally cover the following subjects: Basic Anatomy and Physiology Fundamentals of Biology Patient Care Medical Ethics Fundamentals of Sonography Advanced Sonography Techniques
In addition, some schools may require their students to take courses in first aid, basic medical coding and basic computing. All sonography programs will require their students to finish a number of clinical hours in order to graduate. This provides sonography students with valuable work experience. In North Dakota, students can arrange to do their clinical hours in hospitals, clinics or other medical facilities if they have done their coursework online. Finally, ultrasound technology students must successfully complete a certification exam in order to practice in the field. Exams are typically offered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Students can choose to take the basic examination that grants them the title of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or they can opt for speciality examinations. Once they have passed, new sonographers can begin to look for work in North Dakota.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
Thanks to the rapid expansion of the healthcare industry in places such as Fargo and Bismarck, there is a greater demand for ultrasound technicians. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, diagnostic medical sonographers in North Dakota made a yearly mean salary of $64,840 as of May 2012. This is well above the national average of $60,350 per year.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs
There are a number of diagnostic medical sonography programs available to students in North Dakota. Most of them are offered online, as the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). does not list any accredited schools in North Dakota. Students living in Grand Forks or Fargo may want to look for real-time programs in nearby Minnesota.
Medical Sonography Classes in North Dakota
|North Dakota State University (NDSU)||1301 12th Avenue North |
Fargo, North Dakota 58108