The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is the only institution of higher learning in Nevada that offers sonography tech training. Based in Las Vegas, CSN offers an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from its Ralph & Betty Engelstad School of Health Sciences. CSN's sonography program is fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), as well as the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN NEVADA
Sonography students at CSN can choose from one of two specialties. In the General/Vascular Ultrasound track, students are trained in the areas of abdominal, obstetrical/gynecological and vascular (blood vessels) ultrasound. The other track, Cardiac/Vascular, trains students in vascular ultrasound as well, as the name suggests. However, students in this track will have more focus on adult and pediatric echocardiography (sonogram of the heart). CSN's A.A.S. program is designed for completion in two years. Prerequisite and general education requirement courses include subject areas like anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and philosophy. While the General/Vascular track requires at least 61 semester credits for graduation, the Cardio/Vascular specialty has a 60-credit minimum requirement. Upon graduation, students can sit for the National Registry Exams for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Those from the General/Vascular discipline will use the designation Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or RDMS. Those from the Cardiac/Vascular specialization will assume the title of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, or RDCS.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS IN NEVADA
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Nevada generally make more money than the national average for the profession. In 2012, the median annual salary was $73,000 ($35.12 per hour); this is more than the U.S. median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for sonographers. The bottom 10 percent and top 10 percent made $57,700 ($27.75 per hour) and $91,400 ($43.93), respectively. The BLS reports that there were 340 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Nevada, and it expects a 34 percent increase in that number (up to 450) between then and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS IN NEVADA
College of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nevada
|Great Basin College||1500 College Parkway |
Elko, Nevada 89801
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W. Charleston Blvd. |
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146