The state of Missouri has a grand total of six institutions that offer accredited sonography tech programs. One of them is a hospital--St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, to be exact. Four of them are institutions established to provide tertiary education or vocational training to their respective communities; they are the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou), Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, St. Louis Community College, and Cox College in Springfield. The sixth institution is Sanford-Brown, a national educational organization that has a campus in Fenton. All ultrasound programs in Missouri are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN MISSOURI
Three of the sonography programs in Missouri--specifically offered by Hillyard, St. Louis Community College, and St. Luke's College--award a Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography upon completion. The certificate program has a curriculum that is easy to complete in little over a year. (St. Louis' offering in particular consists of 42 credits.) Mizzou, which is the largest university in Missouri, has the most elaborate ultrasound technician training in the state. Here students can get a Bachelor or Master of Health Science (BHS or MHS) in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. Cox College, a private institution narrowly focused on the health sciences, also offers a Bachelor of Science in diagnostic medical imaging. Sanford-Brown is the only institution of the six that has a two-year Associate of Applied Science program in ultrasound technician training.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
Ultrasound technologists in Missouri generally make a little more money annually than professionals in the same field on a national scale. In 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that diagnostic medical sonographers in the state had a median yearly income of $66,600 ($32.04 per hour). This is slightly more than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Missouri made $48,100 ($23.12 per hour) in 2012, compared with the top 10 percent, which made $86,400 ($41.52 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 910 diagnostic medical sonographers in Missouri in the year 2010. The agency expects that number to grow to 1,210 (a 33 percent growth rate) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
- Cox College (Springfield, MO)
- Hillyard Technical Center (St. Joseph, MO)
- Sanford Brown College-Fenton (Fenton, MO)
- St Louis Community College-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO)
Medical Sonography Classes in Missouri
|Webster University||470 E Lockwood Ave. |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119
|University of Missouri - Columbia (MU)||105 Jesse Hall |
Columbia, Missouri 65211
|Hillyard Technical Center||3434 Faraon St |
Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506
Liberal Arts College
COMPARESEE DETAILS ›
|1345 Smizer Mill Road |
Fenton, Missouri 63026
|Saint Louis Community College||300 South Broadway |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
|Cox College||1423 North Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO – 65802||www.coxhealth.com|
|Rolla Technical Center||500 Forum Dr, Rolla, MO – 65401||www.rolla.k12.mo.us/rti|
|St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City||624 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO – 64111||www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org|