Consider a career in the field of diagnostic medical sonography. Also known as ultrasound, technicians are trained to perform medical imaging procedures to detect a number of diseases.
Find accredited ultrasound technician schools in Mississippi
Anyone interested on a career in sonography may have a problem in Mississippi, as there is lower demand for medical professionals. That does not mean someone cannot have a successful ultrasonography career in Mississippi. To increase employment prospects, get certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), although it is not required to be an sonography tech in Mississippi.
Sonography education in Mississippi
Mississippi sonography schools prepare students for careers. Sonographers use the equipment to create images of the body for diagnoses. There are three schools in Mississippi with programs in diagnostic medical sonography.
Diagnostic medical sonography programs Mississippi
Hinds Community College
Hinds Community College helps students with entry-level sonographer jobs. The basic courses include an introduction to ultrasound, sectional anatomy, abdominal sonography, advanced sonography methods, obstetrics and gynecology sonography and physics.
Jones County Junior College
Jones County Junior College has a diagnostic medical sonography program that leads to a technical certificate or associate degree. Basic courses include classes in clinical imaging, physics, anatomy, ultrasonography, abdominal sonography, and obstetrics and gynecology. The students who complete the program are qualified to take the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Examination.
Itawamba Community College
Itawamba Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree and certificate program in diagnostic medical sonography. The program offers instruction on general sonography. Program classes include courses in ultrasound fundamentals, physics, anatomy and physiology, abdominal sonography, advanced procedures and vascular sonography. Students are also required to carry out supervised clinical work in practical settings.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Mississippi
As an ultrasound technologist, there is an opportunity to specialize in a number of areas, including mammography, radiology, imaging of the brain and spinal cord, obstetrics and gynecology, and ophthalmology. Different areas of specialization have different incomes. Sonographers specializing in radiology can earn a median income of up to $30.87 an hour, and those specializing in cardiac sonography earn a median wage of up to $39.28 an hour. Sonographers working in hospitals have a reported median income up to $30.85 an hour. Self employed sonographers earn the highest wages, making a median hourly income of up to $40.69 an hour or $84,635 a year.
Medical Sonography Classes in Mississippi
|Itawamba Community College||602 W Hill Street |
Fulton, Mississippi 38843
|Hinds Community College||505 East Main Street |
Raymond, Mississippi 39154
|Jones County Junior College||900 South Court Street |
Ellisville, Mississippi 39437
|University of Mississippi Medical Center||2500 N State St |
Jackson, Mississippi 39216
|Hinds Community College-Jackson||1750 Chadwick Drive, Jackson, MS – 39204||www.hindscc.edu|