If you’re interested in joining the medical field where you can play a role in diagnosing diseases and illness, a career as a sonographer might be an ideal choice. Learn everything you need to know about sonography tech schools in Cleveland, Ohio.
Find Accredited Sonography Tech Schools in Cleveland
According to Education News, there is only about nine accredited diagnostic medical sonography schools in the state of Ohio. Cuyahoga Community College District is the only school in Cleveland to offer sonography tech training. However, within a 25-mile radius of Cleveland aspiring students can find Sanford Brown College – Middleton Heights, which is located 10 miles from Cleveland and Lorain County Community College, located 24.7 miles from downtown Cleveland. All of the colleges offering diagnostic medical sonography programs are accredited, which is a requirement for graduates who wish to obtain certification.
Sonography Education in Cleveland
To work as an ultrasound technician in Ohio, the individual must be licensed, which requires completing an approved training program at an accredited college and passing a certification exam. The sonography training programs include a combination of general education, medical and laboratory classes. Additionally, the student will complete an internship at an approved medical facility to obtain hands-on training.
During the training, the student gains experience in various areas of sonography, including echocardiography, abdominal sonography, obstetrical/gynecological sonography and vascular technology. Once students have successfully graduated from the program, they’re prepared to sit for the certification exam, which is offered through both the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Medical Assisting
There are a lot of reasons Bryant & Stratton College is the place to get an education. From the personal attention you receive from instructors that stay after class to make sure you are on the right track.
- AAS Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation’s most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students — their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential — that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That’s the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- And more…
Professional Skills Institute provides industry-modeled, hands-on medical training to prepare graduates for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, or Pharmacy Technician.
You could start your healthcare career in less time than you think! PSI is the choice for healthcare training that leads to employment.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Practical Nursing
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service – It’s Easy and FREE!
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technicians in Cleveland
Ultrasound technicians are expected to see an employment growth of up to 46% between 2012 and 2022, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which also reported that Ohio had about 2,340 diagnostic medical sonographers as of May 2012. The ultrasound technicians employed in Ohio earned a mean annual wage of $59,470 as of May 2012. Payscale.com reports that the median annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Cleveland is about $52,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Ohio
Students enrolling in ultrasound technician schools in Ohio will find various options in training programs. Diagnostic medical sonography programs are typically 2-year associate degree programs or 4-year bachelor’s degree programs, although associate degrees are the most common for individuals pursuing careers as ultrasound technicians.
Some schools offer postsecondary certificate programs that are aimed at those already working in related healthcare positions, such as radiation therapists. Cuyahoga Community College, for instance, offers an Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is also offered with a concentration in general sonography.