An sonographer uses ultrasonic equipment to find and record information important to a patient’s pathological and anatomical statistics. They also arrange for tests, record their results, and create logs of the tests. A technician also maintains the equipment used for ultrasound. People who live in Charlotte, NC can use the following information to obtain the education necessary for this career.
Find Accredited Sonography Schools in Charlotte, NC
King’s College is a two-year private college. This facility offers a certification and an associate degree in Allied Health and Medical Assisting Services. Once this degree is obtained, a student needs to take a further one-year course to obtain this degree. There are several colleges in North Carolina that offer the continuing degree. Please see the list of institutions at the end of this document for a partial list of these institutions.
Sonography Education in Charlotte, NC
There are two degrees that are necessary to complete a course in sonography. The first course is a two-year allied health degree. This is followed by a one-year program studying ultrasound technology. Both of these degrees can be obtained in Charlotte and the surrounding area. Be aware that some businesses will also require that a technician register with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) before hiring a new employee.
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Clinical Support
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Concentration in Management
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Take the first step toward a career as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) with Penn Foster Career School.
- Our online Pharmacy Technician training program will help you prepare for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) and the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT).
- Take our online pharmacy tech program with you wherever you go. Our custom-designed learning platform is easy to use at home or on-the-move.
- At the end of your pharmacy tech program, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable, real-world experience at a CVS/pharmacy or Walgreens near you as part of our hands-on training externship.
- With low tuition costs and customized monthly payment plans with 0% interest, Penn Foster Career School can help you start a new pharmacy technician career path without breaking your budget.
- Regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller- Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Salaries for Sonography Tech in Charlotte, NC
The average salary for sonography tech in Charlotte is $66,800. Be aware that more experienced workers might receive a higher salary. Some employers will require that their employees have a certain amount of experience before hiring them.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in North Carolina
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College- Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute- Associate inSonographer & Ultrasound Technician
South Piedmont Community College- Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Johnston Community College- Certification and Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Southwestern Community College- Certification and Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Cape Fear Community College- Associate in Diagnostic Medical in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Forsyth Technical Community College- Certification and Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician
Pitt Community College- Associate in Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician