Have you been considering attending sonography school in Jacksonville, FL? If so, you want to make sure that you are looking into the right programs in order to get your degree or certificate. Fortunately Jacksonville is home to a number of these training programs, but before you jump into it, there are some things that you should know.
Finding Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Jacksonville, FL
The first step in becoming an sonography tech is to find the right school. It is very important that you choose a school that is accredited as well as one that has a good reputation. There are a few ways that you can go about finding an accredited ultrasound tech school. First, you might want to get recommendations. This is something that you should do if you already know people who work in the field. You can also look up reviews about local schools online. This is helpful since you can read about what former students thought about the schools. Finally, you might want to contact doctor's offices and clinics in the area and get their opinions on what local schools might be best for a solid education.
Sonography Education in Jacksonville, FL
Now that you know a bit about finding a reputable school, you should also know about what you can expect from your sonography education. You should first know that programs typically last anywhere from one to four years, depending on the level of training you receive. For instance, a certificate program might only take a year where an associate or bachelor's degree program might take two to four years. You will also want to know that sonography education is typically based on both classroom work as well as on-the-job training.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Concentration in General and Vascular Sonography
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Sonographer in Jacksonville, FL
According to Salary.com, the average annual salary for sonographer in Jacksonville, FL is $64,718. The lowest 10% of ultrasound technologists in the area made $54,144 on average and the highest paid were making $76,979 when surveyed. List of Medical Sonography Programs in Jacksonville, FL Finally, here is a list of medical sonography programs in Jacksonville, FL to get you started: - St. Vincent’s School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Keiser University’s Associate of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Florida State College at Jacksonville - Associates in Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician - Sanford-Brown Institute - Certification in Diagnostic Medical Sonography/Sonographer & Ultrasound Technician