If you’re interested in joining the medical field where you can play a role in diagnosing diseases and illness, a career as a sonographer might be an ideal choice. Learn everything you need to know about sonography tech schools in Cleveland, Ohio.
Find Accredited Sonography Tech Schools in Cleveland
According to Education News, there is only about nine accredited diagnostic medical sonography schools in the state of Ohio. Cuyahoga Community College District is the only school in Cleveland to offer sonography tech training. However, within a 25-mile radius of Cleveland aspiring students can find Sanford Brown College – Middleton Heights, which is located 10 miles from Cleveland and Lorain County Community College, located 24.7 miles from downtown Cleveland. All of the colleges offering diagnostic medical sonography programs are accredited, which is a requirement for graduates who wish to obtain certification.
Sonography Education in Cleveland
To work as an ultrasound technician in Ohio, the individual must be licensed, which requires completing an approved training program at an accredited college and passing a certification exam. The sonography training programs include a combination of general education, medical and laboratory classes. Additionally, the student will complete an internship at an approved medical facility to obtain hands-on training.
During the training, the student gains experience in various areas of sonography, including echocardiography, abdominal sonography, obstetrical/gynecological sonography and vascular technology. Once students have successfully graduated from the program, they’re prepared to sit for the certification exam, which is offered through both the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- And more...
- Medical Assisting
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technicians in Cleveland
Ultrasound technicians are expected to see an employment growth of up to 46% between 2012 and 2022, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which also reported that Ohio had about 2,340 diagnostic medical sonographers as of May 2012. The ultrasound technicians employed in Ohio earned a mean annual wage of $59,470 as of May 2012. Payscale.com reports that the median annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Cleveland is about $52,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Ohio
Students enrolling in ultrasound technician schools in Ohio will find various options in training programs. Diagnostic medical sonography programs are typically 2-year associate degree programs or 4-year bachelor’s degree programs, although associate degrees are the most common for individuals pursuing careers as ultrasound technicians.
Some schools offer postsecondary certificate programs that are aimed at those already working in related healthcare positions, such as radiation therapists. Cuyahoga Community College, for instance, offers an Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is also offered with a concentration in general sonography.