Ultra Sound Technician
An Ultrasound Technician works in the Radiology Department of Imaging Centers and hospitals. Sonograms are used by physicians to diagnose and treat pregnancies and other conditions like cancer. An Ultrasound Tech may also be referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonagrapher, and they are educated in handling specific machines that operate using sound waves, so there is no pain involved. Ultrasound Technicians are essential for performing non-invasive imaging.
The healthcare industry has been steadily growing in the past decade, so choosing a career as a sonography tech will lead to an exciting and rewarding career. State certification is required in order to work in the field, and the education involves courses in anatomy and science to attain an equivalent of an Associates’ Degree. The student must complete a total of 91 credit hours with 26 general education courses and 65 courses that includes clinical rounds under the supervision of a physician.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Respiratory Therapy
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Fully Accredited Sonography TechSchools in Atlanta
There are three levels available in a Sonogram Education – Sonogram Certification, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree, and a student can even excel in a Master’s Degree program. There are five colleges in the Atlanta area that offer the required courses.
• Cambridge Institute of Allied of Health and Technology
• Sanford-Brown College in Atlanta
• Brown-Mackie Technical College
• Atlanta Technical College
• Georgia Northwestern Technological College
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Atlanta
Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs are offered at each of the five colleges listed above, and there are also four schools in the outlying areas including Mason, Georgia, Pegasus Letters is a superior program for Ultrasound Technicians that includes lectures and diagrams. Most programs consist of physical, science, algebra, patient care and clinical rounds for the associate degree, and a Bachelors and Masters Degree is available for those who want extended their education.
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
A career as an Ultrasound Technologist holds great benefits that are attained immediately after the student passes the certification. A career in Sonagraphy ensures job security, and the radiology departments are easily accessible, so healthcare is very comfortable. A job in healthcare is people oriented, providing a friendly area for the patient. The annual salary is the best benefit. Depending on where the job is located, the beginning salary typically starts at $27,000. As your experience increases, so will your salary, and according to the U.S. Labor Bureau of Statistics, $64,000 is a median salary for Ultrasound Techs.