According to the National Center for Education Statistics and Education News, the only sonography tech school in Utah is Weber State University, which is located in Ogden, Utah. The university is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. This school meets the accreditation requirements for certification that are set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The sonography program at WSU is designed for students who are already ARRT-registered technologists or have equivalent trained as determined by the school’s Department of Radiologic Sciences. The program offers areas of emphasis, so some of the courses required will depend on the student’s emphasis area. The classes, some of which are available online, are a combination of general education courses, diagnostic medical sonography courses, radiography courses, support courses and emphasis courses.
Course topics may include patient care and assessment; sonography principles and instrumentation; sectional anatomy; and vascular, cardiac and abdominal sonography. In addition to the courses, students must complete at least 24-clock hours of clinical training each week at an approved medical facility. Graduates are eligible to sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers national certification exams, as well as the ARRT certification exam in sonography. Utah requires their sonographers to be licensed. Licensures are valid for one year; technicians must complete continuing education credits to maintain licensure.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting Basic X-ray Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Salaries for Sonographer in Utah
Although Salary.com states there is a lot of variation in sonography tech wages in Utah, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the 400 sonographers employed in Utah, as of May 2012, earned a mean annual wage of $66,060. This figure is very close to $66,360, which is the mean annual wage earned nationwide for this profession. Salaries may vary by city, degree earned, certifications obtained and level of experience.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsWSU offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that offers students three areas of emphasis: cardiac, medical or vascular sonography. The cardiac and medical programs each take four semesters to complete, while the vascular sonography emphasis can be completed in three semesters and a summer session. WSU also offers certificates of completion in various advanced radiology areas, including medical sonography – cardiac and diagnostic medical sonography – medical, among others.
Medical Sonography Classes in Utah
|Brigham Young University - Provo (BYU)||Main Campus |
Provo, Utah 84602
|University of Utah||201 Presidents Circle, ROOM 203 |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
|Weber State University||3848 Harrison Blvd |
Ogden, Utah 84408