List of Sonography Tech Schools near Utah
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.
- Medical Assisting Basic X-Ray Technician - Associates
- Medical X-Ray Technology
Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA) offers industry-relevant knowledge and training for in demand careers in healthcare.
Jobs in healthcare and social assistance are projected to have the fastest job growth between 2010-2020 according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.* In order to address the rapidly growing need for career-ready professionals in many exciting fields, UMA offers associate degrees that can be earned in as few as 15 months.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
- Lower Tuition Cost Than Many Other Universities. Classes Start Soon.
- Try our introductory course - with no money up front.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1995.
- Features numerous online student resources at no extra charge, including an online library, course materials, and real-time tutoring.
- Courses last 8 weeks and begin monthly
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America. We offer programs in culinary arts, pastry and baking, and hospitality and restaurant management at campuses across the United States.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
According to the National Center for Education Statistics and Education News, the only sonography tech school in Utah is Weber State University, which is located in Ogden, Utah. The university is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. This school meets the accreditation requirements for certification that are set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The sonography program at WSU is designed for students who are already ARRT-registered technologists or have equivalent trained as determined by the school’s Department of Radiologic Sciences. The program offers areas of emphasis, so some of the courses required will depend on the student’s emphasis area. The classes, some of which are available online, are a combination of general education courses, diagnostic medical sonography courses, radiography courses, support courses and emphasis courses.
Course topics may include patient care and assessment; sonography principles and instrumentation; sectional anatomy; and vascular, cardiac and abdominal sonography. In addition to the courses, students must complete at least 24-clock hours of clinical training each week at an approved medical facility. Graduates are eligible to sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers national certification exams, as well as the ARRT certification exam in sonography. Utah requires their sonographers to be licensed. Licensures are valid for one year; technicians must complete continuing education credits to maintain licensure.
Salaries for Sonographer in Utah
Although Salary.com states there is a lot of variation in sonography tech wages in Utah, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the 400 sonographers employed in Utah, as of May 2012, earned a mean annual wage of $66,060. This figure is very close to $66,360, which is the mean annual wage earned nationwide for this profession. Salaries may vary by city, degree earned, certifications obtained and level of experience.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsWSU offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that offers students three areas of emphasis: cardiac, medical or vascular sonography. The cardiac and medical programs each take four semesters to complete, while the vascular sonography emphasis can be completed in three semesters and a summer session. WSU also offers certificates of completion in various advanced radiology areas, including medical sonography – cardiac and diagnostic medical sonography – medical, among others.
Medical Sonogrpahy Classes Near Utah
|Brigham Young University - Provo (BYU)||Main Campus |
Provo, Utah 84602
|University of Utah||201 Presidents Circle, ROOM 203 |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
|Weber State University||3848 Harrison Blvd |
Ogden, Utah 84408