According to the National Center for Education Statistics and Education News, the only sonography tech school in Utah is Weber State University, which is located in Ogden, Utah. The university is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. This school meets the accreditation requirements for certification that are set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
The sonography program at WSU is designed for students who are already ARRT-registered technologists or have equivalent trained as determined by the school’s Department of Radiologic Sciences. The program offers areas of emphasis, so some of the courses required will depend on the student’s emphasis area. The classes, some of which are available online, are a combination of general education courses, diagnostic medical sonography courses, radiography courses, support courses and emphasis courses.
Course topics may include patient care and assessment; sonography principles and instrumentation; sectional anatomy; and vascular, cardiac and abdominal sonography. In addition to the courses, students must complete at least 24-clock hours of clinical training each week at an approved medical facility. Graduates are eligible to sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers national certification exams, as well as the ARRT certification exam in sonography. Utah requires their sonographers to be licensed. Licensures are valid for one year; technicians must complete continuing education credits to maintain licensure.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- B/S Health Information Management
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Salaries for Sonographer in Utah
Although Salary.com states there is a lot of variation in sonography tech wages in Utah, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the 400 sonographers employed in Utah, as of May 2012, earned a mean annual wage of $66,060. This figure is very close to $66,360, which is the mean annual wage earned nationwide for this profession. Salaries may vary by city, degree earned, certifications obtained and level of experience.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsWSU offers a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that offers students three areas of emphasis: cardiac, medical or vascular sonography. The cardiac and medical programs each take four semesters to complete, while the vascular sonography emphasis can be completed in three semesters and a summer session. WSU also offers certificates of completion in various advanced radiology areas, including medical sonography – cardiac and diagnostic medical sonography – medical, among others.
Medical Sonography Classes in Utah
|Brigham Young University - Provo (BYU)||Main Campus |
Provo, Utah 84602
|University of Utah||201 Presidents Circle, ROOM 203 |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
|Weber State University||3848 Harrison Blvd |
Ogden, Utah 84408