Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oklahoma
Individuals interested in becoming ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma have about six accredited ultrasound technician schools from which to choose. Accreditation is a requirement set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology for any students interested in certification. The following Oklahoma schools offer ultrasound technician degree programs.
- American Institute of Medical Technology
- Bacone College
- Moore Norman Technology Center
- Oklahoma City Community College
- University of Oklahoma – Health Sciences Center
- Oklahoma State UniversitySonography Education in Oklahoma
Sonography training programs in Oklahoma have a blended curriculum of coursework, lab studies and clinical experiences at local health facilities. Course topics include ultrasound physics and instrumentation, small parts sonography, abdominal, OB/GYM and vascular sonography, medical terminology and patient care, among others. The student must complete the clinical portion, which provides them with hands-on training performing various sonography positions. Although it may vary, ultrasound technician programs are generally 2-year programs.
The Oklahoma Medical Board requires their ultrasound technicians are licensed, which can be accomplished by passing a certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Licensure is good for two years; to remained licensed, the technician must complete 50 hours of continuing education credits, which can be taken through the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy
- Dental Assistant
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Certificate in Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Salaries for Sonography Tech in Oklahoma
As of May 2012, the mean annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma was $60,930, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Oklahoma may vary by location, level of training and experience, certifications obtained and employer. An entry-level technician may earn around $43,000, while an experienced technician may earn a wage has high as $89,000 in cities like Oklahoma City, OK. Ultrasound technicians with certifications in various areas of sonography generally experience higher wages.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Oklahoma
Oklahoma students have various diagnostic medical sonography degree programs from which to choose. Oklahoma City Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that has students taking their courses at Moore Norman Technology Center. Students interested in attending a university can pursue the Associate in Applied Science in Cardiovascular Sonography program at Oklahoma State University.
Bacone College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Sonography, as well as a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging. Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs usually have a selective admissions process that requires applicants meet all admission requirements such as completion of admission requirements and prerequisite courses.
Medical Sonography Classes in Oklahoma
|Bacone College||2299 Old Bacone Rd |
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74403
|University of Central Oklahoma (UCO)||100 N University Dr |
Edmond, Oklahoma 73034
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW |
Norman, Oklahoma 73069
|American Institute of Medical Technology||4500 S. Garnett Rd. Suite 110 |
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
|Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City||900 N Portland |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107
|Oklahoma City Community College||7777 S May Ave |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73159
|University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center||1100 N Lindsay |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104