Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oklahoma
Individuals interested in becoming ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma have about six accredited ultrasound technician schools from which to choose. Accreditation is a requirement set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology for any students interested in certification. The following Oklahoma schools offer ultrasound technician degree programs.
- American Institute of Medical Technology
- Bacone College
- Moore Norman Technology Center
- Oklahoma City Community College
- University of Oklahoma – Health Sciences Center
- Oklahoma State UniversitySonography Education in Oklahoma
Sonography training programs in Oklahoma have a blended curriculum of coursework, lab studies and clinical experiences at local health facilities. Course topics include ultrasound physics and instrumentation, small parts sonography, abdominal, OB/GYM and vascular sonography, medical terminology and patient care, among others. The student must complete the clinical portion, which provides them with hands-on training performing various sonography positions. Although it may vary, ultrasound technician programs are generally 2-year programs.
The Oklahoma Medical Board requires their ultrasound technicians are licensed, which can be accomplished by passing a certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology. Licensure is good for two years; to remained licensed, the technician must complete 50 hours of continuing education credits, which can be taken through the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Practical Nursing-(AOS) [LPN]
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Salaries for Sonography Tech in Oklahoma
As of May 2012, the mean annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Oklahoma was $60,930, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Oklahoma may vary by location, level of training and experience, certifications obtained and employer. An entry-level technician may earn around $43,000, while an experienced technician may earn a wage has high as $89,000 in cities like Oklahoma City, OK. Ultrasound technicians with certifications in various areas of sonography generally experience higher wages.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Oklahoma
Oklahoma students have various diagnostic medical sonography degree programs from which to choose. Oklahoma City Community College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that has students taking their courses at Moore Norman Technology Center. Students interested in attending a university can pursue the Associate in Applied Science in Cardiovascular Sonography program at Oklahoma State University.
Bacone College offers an Associate of Applied Science in Sonography, as well as a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging. Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs usually have a selective admissions process that requires applicants meet all admission requirements such as completion of admission requirements and prerequisite courses.
Medical Sonography Classes in Oklahoma
|Bacone College||2299 Old Bacone Rd |
Muskogee, Oklahoma 74403
|University of Central Oklahoma (UCO)||100 N University Dr |
Edmond, Oklahoma 73034
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW |
Norman, Oklahoma 73069
|American Institute of Medical Technology||4500 S. Garnett Rd. Suite 110 |
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
|Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City||900 N Portland |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73107
|Oklahoma City Community College||7777 S May Ave |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73159
|University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center||1100 N Lindsay |
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104