If you have decided to become a sonographer, then you will have to enroll in and finish an accredited training program. You can also do most of the actual coursework online, which may be your best option if you are living in North Dakota. This will allow you to finish your lessons on your own time as you work towards gaining clinical sonography experience. Most of these online programs lead to one-year certifications that can help you enter the workforce as you set a goal for earning an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in ultrasound technology.
Sonography education programs will generally cover the following subjects: Basic Anatomy and Physiology Fundamentals of Biology Patient Care Medical Ethics Fundamentals of Sonography Advanced Sonography Techniques
In addition, some schools may require their students to take courses in first aid, basic medical coding and basic computing. All sonography programs will require their students to finish a number of clinical hours in order to graduate. This provides sonography students with valuable work experience. In North Dakota, students can arrange to do their clinical hours in hospitals, clinics or other medical facilities if they have done their coursework online. Finally, ultrasound technology students must successfully complete a certification exam in order to practice in the field. Exams are typically offered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Students can choose to take the basic examination that grants them the title of Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or they can opt for speciality examinations. Once they have passed, new sonographers can begin to look for work in North Dakota.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
Thanks to the rapid expansion of the healthcare industry in places such as Fargo and Bismarck, there is a greater demand for ultrasound technicians. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, diagnostic medical sonographers in North Dakota made a yearly mean salary of $64,840 as of May 2012. This is well above the national average of $60,350 per year.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsThere are a number of diagnostic medical sonography programs available to students in North Dakota. Most of them are offered online, as the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). does not list any accredited schools in North Dakota. Students living in Grand Forks or Fargo may want to look for real-time programs in nearby Minnesota.
Medical Sonography Classes in North Dakota
|North Dakota State University (NDSU)||1301 12th Avenue North |
Fargo, North Dakota 58108