In the state of Nebraska there are three colleges or universities that have accredited ultrasound technician training programs. Two of them, the University of Nebraska (through its Medical Center) and Nebraska Methodist College, are based in Omaha, the state's largest city. The third one, Bryan College of Health Sciences, is based in Lincoln, the state capital and Nebraska's second-largest city.
The School of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, which takes 12 months (one year) to complete. The one at Nebraska Methodist College is an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which is designed for completion in two years. At Nebraska Methodist, students have the choice of two tracks: Cardiovascular and Multispecialty. As the name suggests, the Cardiovascular track is more focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders concerning the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). The Multispecialty track takes a more holistic approach to ultrasound technology; it includes medical imaging of the female reproduction system (obstetrics and gynecology, or OB/GYN) and the abdominal cavity. Bryan College has the most elaborate program of all: a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that consists of 111 semester credits. Sonography students at Bryan can choose to do a dual major in Adult Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography. In this capacity, students will learn how to diagnose diseases affecting the cardiovascular system of adults.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
In 2012, diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska had a median annual income of $61,300, or made $29.47 per hour; this is according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The agency also reported that the bottom 10 percent of earners in this field made $46,900 that year ($22.54 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $76,100 ($36.60). There are 410 diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska, according to a 2010 report by the BLS, which expects a 15 percent increase in job opportunities by 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSBryan College of Health Sciences (Lincoln, NE) Nebraska Methodist College (Omaha, NE) University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||720 North 87th Street |
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
|BryanLGH College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett |
Lincoln, Nebraska 68506
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||987815 Nebraska Medical Ctr |
Omaha, Nebraska 68198
|Bryan College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett St, Lincoln, NE – 68506-1398||www.bryanhealth.com/collegeofhealthsciences|