In the state of Nebraska there are three colleges or universities that have accredited ultrasound technician training programs. Two of them, the University of Nebraska (through its Medical Center) and Nebraska Methodist College, are based in Omaha, the state's largest city. The third one, Bryan College of Health Sciences, is based in Lincoln, the state capital and Nebraska's second-largest city.
The School of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, which takes 12 months (one year) to complete. The one at Nebraska Methodist College is an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which is designed for completion in two years. At Nebraska Methodist, students have the choice of two tracks: Cardiovascular and Multispecialty. As the name suggests, the Cardiovascular track is more focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders concerning the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). The Multispecialty track takes a more holistic approach to ultrasound technology; it includes medical imaging of the female reproduction system (obstetrics and gynecology, or OB/GYN) and the abdominal cavity. Bryan College has the most elaborate program of all: a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that consists of 111 semester credits. Sonography students at Bryan can choose to do a dual major in Adult Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography. In this capacity, students will learn how to diagnose diseases affecting the cardiovascular system of adults.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
In 2012, diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska had a median annual income of $61,300, or made $29.47 per hour; this is according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The agency also reported that the bottom 10 percent of earners in this field made $46,900 that year ($22.54 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $76,100 ($36.60). There are 410 diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska, according to a 2010 report by the BLS, which expects a 15 percent increase in job opportunities by 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSBryan College of Health Sciences (Lincoln, NE) Nebraska Methodist College (Omaha, NE) University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||720 North 87th Street |
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
|BryanLGH College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett |
Lincoln, Nebraska 68506
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||987815 Nebraska Medical Ctr |
Omaha, Nebraska 68198
|Bryan College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett St, Lincoln, NE – 68506-1398||www.bryanhealth.com/collegeofhealthsciences|