In the state of Nebraska there are three colleges or universities that have accredited ultrasound technician training programs. Two of them, the University of Nebraska (through its Medical Center) and Nebraska Methodist College, are based in Omaha, the state's largest city. The third one, Bryan College of Health Sciences, is based in Lincoln, the state capital and Nebraska's second-largest city.
The School of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) offers a Bachelor of Science in Radiation Science Technology, which takes 12 months (one year) to complete. The one at Nebraska Methodist College is an Associate of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which is designed for completion in two years. At Nebraska Methodist, students have the choice of two tracks: Cardiovascular and Multispecialty. As the name suggests, the Cardiovascular track is more focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders concerning the cardiovascular system (heart and blood vessels). The Multispecialty track takes a more holistic approach to ultrasound technology; it includes medical imaging of the female reproduction system (obstetrics and gynecology, or OB/GYN) and the abdominal cavity. Bryan College has the most elaborate program of all: a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that consists of 111 semester credits. Sonography students at Bryan can choose to do a dual major in Adult Cardiac Sonography and Vascular Sonography. In this capacity, students will learn how to diagnose diseases affecting the cardiovascular system of adults.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree and RN license to be qualified for this school.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
- RN to MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
In 2012, diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska had a median annual income of $61,300, or made $29.47 per hour; this is according to a report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). The agency also reported that the bottom 10 percent of earners in this field made $46,900 that year ($22.54 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $76,100 ($36.60). There are 410 diagnostic medical sonographers in Nebraska, according to a 2010 report by the BLS, which expects a 15 percent increase in job opportunities by 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMSBryan College of Health Sciences (Lincoln, NE) Nebraska Methodist College (Omaha, NE) University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nebraska
|Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing & Allied Health||720 North 87th Street |
Omaha, Nebraska 68114
|BryanLGH College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett |
Lincoln, Nebraska 68506
|University of Nebraska Medical Center||987815 Nebraska Medical Ctr |
Omaha, Nebraska 68198
|Bryan College of Health Sciences||5035 Everett St, Lincoln, NE – 68506-1398||www.bryanhealth.com/collegeofhealthsciences|