The state of Kentucky has been working to expand its health care to rural areas in recent years. This has created a shortage of healthcare workers in all areas, increasing the need for alternative sonography certification delivery services. Ultrasound technicians specialize in ultrasound, a noninvasive medical procedure that helps doctors assess medical conditions in the body's internal organs and monitor the development of fetuses.
Sonography Education in Kentucky
Six ultrasound technician schools are located in Kentucky that are recognized by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Four of these schools are technical and community colleges, one is a college and the other is a university in Morehead. An Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or diploma are offered at these schools. Students can choose a general concentration or opt to specialize in cardiac sonography or vascular sonography. According to the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonograpy (SDMS), sonography technicians with multiple credentials are more desirable. Students who graduate these programs should take the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Kentucky
The average salary for ultrasound technologists in Kentucky is $56,420 per year. Although this is lower than the national average, the job growth rate in the state is good. In 2012, 670 Diagnostic Medical Sonographers were employed in the state. It is expected that 30 openings will become available each year between 2012 and 2020.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in KentuckyThis is a current list of Diagnostic Sonography Programs in the state of Kentucky.
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College, 4810 Alben Barkley Drive, Paducah, KY. West Kentucky Tech offers accredited Associate's degrees programs in General Sonography and accredited Associate's degrees programs in Vascular Sonography.
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, 1845 Loop Drive, Bowling Green, KY offers an Accredited Diploma Program in General Sonography.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College, 800 W. Chestnut St, Louisville, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography and an Accredited Associates Degree Program in Vascular Sonography.
- Hazard Community and Technical College, One Community College Drive, Hazard, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography.
- Morehead State University, 150 University Blvd, Reed Hall 434, Morehead, KY offers an Accredited Bachelors Degree Program in General Sonography,
- St Catharine College, 2735 Bardstown Rd, St Catharine, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography, an Accredited Associate's degree in Vascular Sonography and an Accredited Associate's degree in Cardiac Sonography.
Medical Sonography Classes in Kentucky
|Bowling Green Technical College||1845 Loop Dr |
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
|West Kentucky Community and Technical College||4810 Alben Barkley Drive |
Paducah, Kentucky 42002
|Hazard Community and Technical College||One Community College Drive |
Hazard, Kentucky 41701
|Owensboro Community and Technical College||4800 New Hartford Rd |
Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 E Broadway |
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
|Saint Catharine College||2735 Bardstown Road |
Saint Catharine, Kentucky 40061
|Morehead State University||150 University Blvd, Reed Hall 434, Morehead, KY – 40351||www.moreheadstate.edu|