The state of Kentucky has been working to expand its health care to rural areas in recent years. This has created a shortage of healthcare workers in all areas, increasing the need for alternative sonography certification delivery services. Ultrasound technicians specialize in ultrasound, a noninvasive medical procedure that helps doctors assess medical conditions in the body's internal organs and monitor the development of fetuses.
Sonography Education in Kentucky
Six ultrasound technician schools are located in Kentucky that are recognized by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Four of these schools are technical and community colleges, one is a college and the other is a university in Morehead. An Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography or diploma are offered at these schools. Students can choose a general concentration or opt to specialize in cardiac sonography or vascular sonography. According to the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonograpy (SDMS), sonography technicians with multiple credentials are more desirable. Students who graduate these programs should take the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
UNE Online, through the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, strives to enhance, expand and enrich learning opportunities in online programs. The UNE Online staff is highly invested in the success of each enrolled student from application to graduation and beyond.
- MS in Health Informatics
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Kentucky
The average salary for ultrasound technologists in Kentucky is $56,420 per year. Although this is lower than the national average, the job growth rate in the state is good. In 2012, 670 Diagnostic Medical Sonographers were employed in the state. It is expected that 30 openings will become available each year between 2012 and 2020.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in KentuckyThis is a current list of Diagnostic Sonography Programs in the state of Kentucky.
- West Kentucky Community and Technical College, 4810 Alben Barkley Drive, Paducah, KY. West Kentucky Tech offers accredited Associate's degrees programs in General Sonography and accredited Associate's degrees programs in Vascular Sonography.
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College, 1845 Loop Drive, Bowling Green, KY offers an Accredited Diploma Program in General Sonography.
- Jefferson Community and Technical College, 800 W. Chestnut St, Louisville, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography and an Accredited Associates Degree Program in Vascular Sonography.
- Hazard Community and Technical College, One Community College Drive, Hazard, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography.
- Morehead State University, 150 University Blvd, Reed Hall 434, Morehead, KY offers an Accredited Bachelors Degree Program in General Sonography,
- St Catharine College, 2735 Bardstown Rd, St Catharine, KY offers an Accredited Associates Degree Program in General Sonography, an Accredited Associate's degree in Vascular Sonography and an Accredited Associate's degree in Cardiac Sonography.
Medical Sonography Classes in Kentucky
|Bowling Green Technical College||1845 Loop Dr |
Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101
|West Kentucky Community and Technical College||4810 Alben Barkley Drive |
Paducah, Kentucky 42002
|Hazard Community and Technical College||One Community College Drive |
Hazard, Kentucky 41701
|Owensboro Community and Technical College||4800 New Hartford Rd |
Owensboro, Kentucky 42303
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 E Broadway |
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
|Saint Catharine College||2735 Bardstown Road |
Saint Catharine, Kentucky 40061
|Morehead State University||150 University Blvd, Reed Hall 434, Morehead, KY – 40351||www.moreheadstate.edu|