Requirements for Sonograhpy Schools in Hawaii
Anyone who desires to become a sonographer must complete high school before moving forward. He or she should pay close attention to subjects such as math, science and health. Next, the person will have to complete a program that is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. He or she can take a one-year or two-year program. Some colleges may request that the person also complete a Certified Nursing Assistant course, while others will not ask as much.
The final step on becoming a sonographer in Hawaii is gaining experience and knowledge through internships. The knowledge obtained from the internship may help the person to pass the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography exams. The exams are necessary for job eligibility. Once the person takes the necessary courses and tests, he or she may apply for jobs at various sites. Hospitals are the most popular places to find ultrasound technician jobs. Other sites one may search for employment are standalone outpatient clinics. Some technicians can find work at a physician’s office. A sonographer usually has a 40-hour per week schedule. However, some organizations will hire them on a part-time or as-needed basis. Additionally, some ultrasound technicians may travel to various hospitals or various countries.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Major Cities That Offer Sonography Degrees in Hawaii related programs
Quite a few major cities offer online programs for people who want to study to become a sonographer in Hawaii. Honolulu is one major city that offers such programs. The University of Phoenix, the University of Hawaii, and Heald College offer such courses. One can also find relevant courses in a Kapolei online school. To become a sonograhper, the student has to go through a CAAHEP-accredited program. Such is only available online or at an out-of-state university.
Outlook for Sonography Schools Hawaii JobsThe outlook for sonographer in Hawaii is bright. Analysts expect jobs to continue to increase in the field 44 percent by the year 2020. In fact, the outlook for this job is more positive than many other positions in the healthcare industry. A person who obtains a position as an ultrasound technician in Hawaii can earn a substantial amount of money. The average salary for this position is $74,000, with a high of $89,000 and a low of $62,000. Anyone who steps into this field will have a secure, lucrative career and a bright future.
Medical Sonography Classes in Hawaii