Find Accredited Sonography Tech Schools in Cleveland
According to Education News, there is only about nine accredited diagnostic medical sonography schools in the state of Ohio. Cuyahoga Community College District is the only school in Cleveland to offer sonography tech training. However, within a 25-mile radius of Cleveland aspiring students can find Sanford Brown College – Middleton Heights, which is located 10 miles from Cleveland and Lorain County Community College, located 24.7 miles from downtown Cleveland. All of the colleges offering diagnostic medical sonography programs are accredited, which is a requirement for graduates who wish to obtain certification.
Sonography Education in Cleveland
To work as an ultrasound technician in Ohio, the individual must be licensed, which requires completing an approved training program at an accredited college and passing a certification exam. The sonography training programs include a combination of general education, medical and laboratory classes. Additionally, the student will complete an internship at an approved medical facility to obtain hands-on training.
During the training, the student gains experience in various areas of sonography, including echocardiography, abdominal sonography, obstetrical/gynecological sonography and vascular technology. Once students have successfully graduated from the program, they’re prepared to sit for the certification exam, which is offered through both the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) and the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technicians in Cleveland
Ultrasound technicians are expected to see an employment growth of up to 46% between 2012 and 2022, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which also reported that Ohio had about 2,340 diagnostic medical sonographers as of May 2012. The ultrasound technicians employed in Ohio earned a mean annual wage of $59,470 as of May 2012. Payscale.com reports that the median annual wage for ultrasound technicians in Cleveland is about $52,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in OhioStudents enrolling in ultrasound technician schools in Ohio will find various options in training programs. Diagnostic medical sonography programs are typically 2-year associate degree programs or 4-year bachelor’s degree programs, although associate degrees are the most common for individuals pursuing careers as ultrasound technicians.
Some schools offer postsecondary certificate programs that are aimed at those already working in related healthcare positions, such as radiation therapists. Cuyahoga Community College, for instance, offers an Associate of Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is also offered with a concentration in general sonography.