Although there are no accredited programs for Ultrasound Technicians in San Antonio, there are 19 programs within the state of Texas, five of which are within 200 miles of San Antonio, mostly in the cities of Austin and Houston. A listing of accredited schools for Diagnostic Medical Sonography can be found on the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs website.
The programs available near San Antonio are 1-2 year programs that offer either an Advanced Technical Certificate or an Associates of Applied Science Degree, preparing the student to sit for the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) exam. Graduates that receive an Associate’s Degree of higher can choose to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), as well. The institutions offer concentrations in Echocardiography, Vascular Sonography, OB-GYN Sonography, or General Sonography. Prerequisites of college-level algebra, physics, communications, human anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology are required to be accepted into most of the programs. The general coursework will include basic patient care, medical ethics and law, and pathophysiology. Also included in the curriculum, the student will learn about acoustic physics, ultrasound principles and the ultrasound instrumentation. By learning to interpret the sonographic images, the student will be prepared to recognize abnormalities, and, under a qualified physician’s supervision, diagnose disease. Students will also be required to take part in clinical rotations in addition to their coursework in order to receive hands-on training.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Salaries for Sonography Tech
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in San Antonio make an average annual salary of $61,000, with the national average annual salary of $70,000, according to Indeed.com. The projected growth of the industry by 2022 is expected to be 39%.