Although there are no accredited programs for Ultrasound Technicians in San Antonio, there are 19 programs within the state of Texas, five of which are within 200 miles of San Antonio, mostly in the cities of Austin and Houston. A listing of accredited schools for Diagnostic Medical Sonography can be found on the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs website.
The programs available near San Antonio are 1-2 year programs that offer either an Advanced Technical Certificate or an Associates of Applied Science Degree, preparing the student to sit for the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) exam. Graduates that receive an Associate’s Degree of higher can choose to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), as well. The institutions offer concentrations in Echocardiography, Vascular Sonography, OB-GYN Sonography, or General Sonography. Prerequisites of college-level algebra, physics, communications, human anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology are required to be accepted into most of the programs. The general coursework will include basic patient care, medical ethics and law, and pathophysiology. Also included in the curriculum, the student will learn about acoustic physics, ultrasound principles and the ultrasound instrumentation. By learning to interpret the sonographic images, the student will be prepared to recognize abnormalities, and, under a qualified physician’s supervision, diagnose disease. Students will also be required to take part in clinical rotations in addition to their coursework in order to receive hands-on training.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Salaries for Sonography Tech
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in San Antonio make an average annual salary of $61,000, with the national average annual salary of $70,000, according to Indeed.com. The projected growth of the industry by 2022 is expected to be 39%.