Miami, Florida is home to a number of different accredited schools that can provide you with the education that you need in performing ultrasounds and medical sonographs. Ultrasound technicians work with radiologists to obtain images and various organs within the body by using high-frequency sound waves. Education within ultrasound technology is available at three different levels including an Ultrasound Technology Certificate, an Associates degree in Ultrasound Technology and a Bachelors degree in Ultrasound Technology.
Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Miami, Florida Those interested in obtaining ultrasound certification within Miami, Florida, have five different schools to choose from. These five accredited technology schools within the city give you the option to obtain either a certification or associates and bachelors degrees. These schools include Dade Medical College in Miami, Barry University, ATI College of Health, Dade Medical College in Hialeah and Professional Training Centers. Many ultrasound professionals within the region are graduates of these technical centers and colleges. To find the perfect school for you, it is important to first determine what type of degrees you are interested in obtaining.
Sonography Education in Miami, Florida
Sonography is one of the many types of applications that can be used in ultrasounds. An ultrasound is the result of the imaging process of sonography. Those interested in obtaining education in sonography are able to attend the same colleges and institutes in Miami that also offer accredited ultrasound courses. This includes Dade Medical College in Miami, Barry University, ATI College of Health, Dade Medical College in Hialeah and Professional Training Centers.
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- And more...
Florida Technical College was founded in 1962 to provide post-secondary training in specialized business fields. The main campus in Orland opened in 1962, followed by the Lakeland campus in 1990, and the DeLand campus in 1997. Classes began at the Kissimmee, Pembroke Pines, and Tampa campuses in 2011, and the Cutler Bay campus opened in 2015.
- Medical Assistant Technician - Diploma
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor's Degree
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
At Florida Career College, our supportive faculty and staff are committed to helping you build a life and a future you can be proud of! We have dedicated financial aid representatives who will meet with you one-on one-to help you explore your payment options. Tutoring is available for when you need extra help and once it’s time to look for jobs, a dedicated career services representative will help you with your resume, interview skills and employer connections!
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
WELCOME TO PURDUE UNIVERSITY GLOBAL
World-Class Education Tailored for Working Adults
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience tailored for working adults.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
Salaries for Sonographer in Miami, Florida
Salaries for sonographer in Miami, Florida may vary depending on your education, experience and where you are working. Typically, the average salary of a sonographer in Miami earns around $55,530 annually. Those earning in the 75th percentile as an sonography tech may earn up to $66,000 per year.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonogrpahy Programs in Miami, Florida
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs within Miami include the following:
- Associates in Biomedical Technology at Miami Dade College
- Bachelors in Diagnostic Medical Sonography at Barry University
- Associates in Diagnostic Medical Sonography at ATI College of Health
- Certification in Diagnostic Medical Sonography at Professional Training Centers