Those interested in attending school in Chicago, Illinois to become an ultrasound technician are able to choose from two different colleges. Furthering your education in this field can be extremely beneficial and lead you to a rewarding career that you will truly enjoy. Chicago residents can expect an average tuition of $15,000 when attending one of these colleges while out of state residents have an average tuition of $17,000. The two schools that offers these types of courses within Chicago include DeVry University - Illinois and the Illinois Institute of Technology. Each school offers different programs to choose from that can help you in getting started on the career path that you're interested in.
DeVry University - Illinois
The DeVry University located within Chicago, Illinois offers a program to obtain a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Technology. This degree provides you with all of the training and education that you need to become a certified and professional ultrasound technician. Room and board is available off-campus for those interested in attending this school.
In this degree program, not only will you learn how to perform ultrasounds, but you will also learn various biomedical skills. The course consists of Introduction to Bioengineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Systems, Computer Techniques in Medical Imaging, Signal Processing and Microprocessor Interfacing. Learn how to use medical instruments, computer tools for acquiring images and data, producing images on x-rays, ultrasonic imaging and much more. Graduation requirements for this course include 9 full-time semesters and 139 credit hours.
Illinois Institute of Technology
If a bachelors degree or certification in ultrasound technician courses is simply not enough for you, you may opt to take advantage of the Masters in Biomedical Technology course offered by one of the most popular ultrasound technician schools in Chicago, the Illinois Institute of Technology. This college offers room and board both on-campus and off-campus, making it the ideal choice for those who are traveling from out of state to attend this top-notch school. Financial aid is also available for those looking to take advantage of this type of assistance.
In this educational graduate program, students will learn everything that they need to know regarding medical imaging and signals. This course-only degree program is designed to fully prepare students for professional practice careers. Some courses that students will take while in this program to obtain their masters degree include Computer Vision and Image Processing, Statistical Signal Processing, Analysis of Random Signals, Physiology, Digital Signal Processing II and Special Project in Biomedical Imaging and Signals. Electives are also available in this field.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Information Technology Bachelors- Online
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Master of Public Administration
- Certificate: Forensic Accounting
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- And more...
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Accounting
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management
- And more...
Choosing the Best Ultrasound Technician Schools in Chicago
When choosing an ultrasound technician school, it is important to know exactly what you're looking for and what you would like to do within this career field. By obtaining the proper education, you are able to further your career with ease. Educational training may also be available at additional schools throughout the surrounding area and within different regions of the state of Illinois.