Those interested in attending school in Chicago, Illinois to become an ultrasound technician are able to choose from two different colleges. Furthering your education in this field can be extremely beneficial and lead you to a rewarding career that you will truly enjoy. Chicago residents can expect an average tuition of $15,000 when attending one of these colleges while out of state residents have an average tuition of $17,000. The two schools that offers these types of courses within Chicago include DeVry University - Illinois and the Illinois Institute of Technology. Each school offers different programs to choose from that can help you in getting started on the career path that you're interested in.
DeVry University - Illinois
The DeVry University located within Chicago, Illinois offers a program to obtain a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Technology. This degree provides you with all of the training and education that you need to become a certified and professional ultrasound technician. Room and board is available off-campus for those interested in attending this school.
In this degree program, not only will you learn how to perform ultrasounds, but you will also learn various biomedical skills. The course consists of Introduction to Bioengineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Systems, Computer Techniques in Medical Imaging, Signal Processing and Microprocessor Interfacing. Learn how to use medical instruments, computer tools for acquiring images and data, producing images on x-rays, ultrasonic imaging and much more. Graduation requirements for this course include 9 full-time semesters and 139 credit hours.
Illinois Institute of Technology
If a bachelors degree or certification in ultrasound technician courses is simply not enough for you, you may opt to take advantage of the Masters in Biomedical Technology course offered by one of the most popular ultrasound technician schools in Chicago, the Illinois Institute of Technology. This college offers room and board both on-campus and off-campus, making it the ideal choice for those who are traveling from out of state to attend this top-notch school. Financial aid is also available for those looking to take advantage of this type of assistance.
In this educational graduate program, students will learn everything that they need to know regarding medical imaging and signals. This course-only degree program is designed to fully prepare students for professional practice careers. Some courses that students will take while in this program to obtain their masters degree include Computer Vision and Image Processing, Statistical Signal Processing, Analysis of Random Signals, Physiology, Digital Signal Processing II and Special Project in Biomedical Imaging and Signals. Electives are also available in this field.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics
- And more...
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Business Administration
- MS in Accounting - Audit Specialization
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
The Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is located in the heart of Washington, D.C., and is dedicated to advancing the health of communities on a local, national and global scale. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute School focuses on the fields of medicine, business and education to prepare professionals in health care and health services to tackle complex global health challenges.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics and Analytics
Fast track your career in supply chain management by earning your master's degree online.
- MS in Supply Chain Management
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver has offered a top-quality business education since 1908. Through MBA@Denver, students can earn a Daniels degree while continuing to pursue their personal and professional passions.
- Master of Business Administration
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician)
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
Choosing the Best Ultrasound Technician Schools in Chicago
When choosing an ultrasound technician school, it is important to know exactly what you're looking for and what you would like to do within this career field. By obtaining the proper education, you are able to further your career with ease. Educational training may also be available at additional schools throughout the surrounding area and within different regions of the state of Illinois.