Those interested in attending school in Chicago, Illinois to become an ultrasound technician are able to choose from two different colleges. Furthering your education in this field can be extremely beneficial and lead you to a rewarding career that you will truly enjoy. Chicago residents can expect an average tuition of $15,000 when attending one of these colleges while out of state residents have an average tuition of $17,000. The two schools that offers these types of courses within Chicago include DeVry University - Illinois and the Illinois Institute of Technology. Each school offers different programs to choose from that can help you in getting started on the career path that you're interested in.
DeVry University - Illinois
The DeVry University located within Chicago, Illinois offers a program to obtain a Bachelors degree in Biomedical Technology. This degree provides you with all of the training and education that you need to become a certified and professional ultrasound technician. Room and board is available off-campus for those interested in attending this school.
In this degree program, not only will you learn how to perform ultrasounds, but you will also learn various biomedical skills. The course consists of Introduction to Bioengineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Systems, Computer Techniques in Medical Imaging, Signal Processing and Microprocessor Interfacing. Learn how to use medical instruments, computer tools for acquiring images and data, producing images on x-rays, ultrasonic imaging and much more. Graduation requirements for this course include 9 full-time semesters and 139 credit hours.
Illinois Institute of Technology
If a bachelors degree or certification in ultrasound technician courses is simply not enough for you, you may opt to take advantage of the Masters in Biomedical Technology course offered by one of the most popular ultrasound technician schools in Chicago, the Illinois Institute of Technology. This college offers room and board both on-campus and off-campus, making it the ideal choice for those who are traveling from out of state to attend this top-notch school. Financial aid is also available for those looking to take advantage of this type of assistance.
In this educational graduate program, students will learn everything that they need to know regarding medical imaging and signals. This course-only degree program is designed to fully prepare students for professional practice careers. Some courses that students will take while in this program to obtain their masters degree include Computer Vision and Image Processing, Statistical Signal Processing, Analysis of Random Signals, Physiology, Digital Signal Processing II and Special Project in Biomedical Imaging and Signals. Electives are also available in this field.
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Business Administration
- MS in Accounting - Audit Specialization
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- Bachelors - Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- M.Ed. In Curriculum and Instruction - Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: The Inclusive Classroom
- And more...
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
- Master of Science in Health Informatics
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
Important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of students who attended Chamberlain University can be found at http://chamberlain.edu/ge
- RN to BSN Online Option
Choosing the Best Ultrasound Technician Schools in Chicago
When choosing an ultrasound technician school, it is important to know exactly what you're looking for and what you would like to do within this career field. By obtaining the proper education, you are able to further your career with ease. Educational training may also be available at additional schools throughout the surrounding area and within different regions of the state of Illinois.