Sonography is in high demand, with a growing number of positions for skilled professionals opening regularly. If you are looking to pursue a career as a sonographer Baltimore may have just what you are looking for! In addition to its rich history and prime tourist spots, Baltimore also boasts two accredited ultrasound technician schools to help you reach your goals and get started on your dreams.
Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Baltimore.
Both Johns Hopkins Hospital and University of Maryland Baltimore County offer certification for ultrasound technicians that is CAAHEP Accredited. In addition to CAAHEP accreditation, University of Maryland Baltimore County is ARRT Recognized.
You can find more information about Johns Hopkins’ and University of Maryland Baltimore County’s programs by visiting their respective websites below:
Sonography Education in Baltimore. Johns Hopkins Hospital is not only one of the most respected names in the medical field it also is home to one of the most established training programs for general and cardiac ultrasound technician certifications. The Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Cardiac Sonography Echocardiography Program is a 14-month full-time accredited program. Ranking fourth in the nation as a major research university, University of Maryland Baltimore County offers training for general, cardiac, and vascular ultrasound technician certification. UMBC’s Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is an accelerated 13.5 month accredited program.
To be certified as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) you must pass an examination overseen by The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The classes at these Baltimore schools will prepare for the examination.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Baltimore.
Salaries for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Baltimore vary greatly depending on your certification, experience, specialty and specific location, with the mean sitting just under $72,000. A general ultrasound sonographer in the area averages $53,000, with specialists earning $100,000 or more a year.List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Maryland.
- Accredited Certificate Program in General Sonography
- Accredited Certificate Program in Cardiac Sonography
- Accredited Certificate Program in Vascular Sonography
Additionally, if you wish to pursue additional training, Montgomery County Community College in Takoma Park is the only local school offering an associate’s degree in sonography.
With its variety of certifications and degrees from top notch educational facilities available locally, Baltimore is the perfect place to study for the aspiring ultrasound technician!
A List of Best Schools for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Study in Baltimore, Maryland
School Name: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Address: 1800 Orleans St, #4052, Baltimore 21287
School Name: University of Maryland Baltimore County
Address: 1450 S. Rolling Road, Baltimore 21227