Accreditation is an important element of the education process because it helps to ensure that students are working toward completion of a degree that meets with common standards and requirements in the professional field. Accreditation is also required when transferring to a different institution and often for entry into a graduate degree program.
In Wisconsin, there are several accredited programs to choose from. The accrediting agencies for these schools are the Joint Review of Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Sonography Education in Wisconsin
The growing need for qualified professionals in the field of sonography has increased demand for accredited, respected programs. In Wisconsin, prospective students can consider a number of different options for completing an education to prepare for entry into the field.
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the certification board for these credentials. The ARDMS designation is earned after successfully completing the examination to show competency in sonography for abdomen and obstetrics, gynecology, and breast. The RDCS credential can be earned after successfully completing the examination for adult echocardiography. The RVT certification can be earned after passing the examination for vascular ultrasound. To be a professional in the state of Wisconsin, diagnostic medical sonographers will need to obtain the appropriate certifications.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Wisconsin
Qualified, certified sonographers are needed and employed throughout the state of Wisconsin. The majority, however, work in the metropolitan areas of the state, such as Madison, Green Bay, and Milwaukee. Additionally, the job outlook through 2022 is also better than the average, with an estimated 39 percent rate of growth for the profession.
In Wisconsin, professional ultrasound technicians also have a high annual salary average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual average salary for diagnostic medical sonographers in the state of Wisconsin ranges from $72,871 to $84,220. Additionally, as of May 2012, there were 1,000 employed diagnostic medical sonographers in Wisconsin.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Wisconsin
For candidates interested in an associate’s or professional degree to those working toward completion of a bachelor’s degree, Wisconsin’s educational institutions offering the diagnostic medical sonography program include:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- University of Wisconsin
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center – School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Wisconsin Technical College
- Concordia University
- Carroll University
Medical Sonography Classes in Wisconsin
|University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW)||500 Lincoln Dr |
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W Clairemont Ave |
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 Campus Dr |
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 County Road G |
Janesville, Wisconsin 53547
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St |
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54307
|Sanford-Brown College-West Allis||6737 W Washington St., Ste 2355 |
West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
|Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center-School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography||180 W. Grange Ave. |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
|University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee||2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI – 53201||www.chs.uwm.edu|
|Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Francis Hospital||3237 South 16th Street, Milwaukee, WI – 53215||www.mywheaton.org/sonography|
|University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 440, Madison, WI – 53705||www.uwhealth.org|