Accreditation is an important element of the education process because it helps to ensure that students are working toward completion of a degree that meets with common standards and requirements in the professional field. Accreditation is also required when transferring to a different institution and often for entry into a graduate degree program.
In Wisconsin, there are several accredited programs to choose from. The accrediting agencies for these schools are the Joint Review of Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Sonography Education in Wisconsin
The growing need for qualified professionals in the field of sonography has increased demand for accredited, respected programs. In Wisconsin, prospective students can consider a number of different options for completing an education to prepare for entry into the field.
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the certification board for these credentials. The ARDMS designation is earned after successfully completing the examination to show competency in sonography for abdomen and obstetrics, gynecology, and breast. The RDCS credential can be earned after successfully completing the examination for adult echocardiography. The RVT certification can be earned after passing the examination for vascular ultrasound. To be a professional in the state of Wisconsin, diagnostic medical sonographers will need to obtain the appropriate certifications.
At Broadview University, we help you see college differently.
Here, you gain real-world skills through Applied Learning—not just seat time in an auditorium. You collaborate with professionals in the field you’re interested in—not just professors. And, people who know and care surround you and care about your success personally; you aren’t just another face on a crowded campus.
- Medical Assistant (Diploma)
- Veterinary Assistant (Diploma)
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Established in 1897, Bradley University is a private, independent institution of higher learning in Peoria, Illinois. Inspired by our founder, notable philanthropist Lydia Moss Bradley, we pursue excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service; and we celebrate leadership, integrity, diversity and collaborative learning. Today, we offer an impressive array of more than 130 undergraduate, graduate and continuing education programs across five colleges and the Graduate School.
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Leadership Track (MSN to DNP)
- Online Master of Science in Nursing (BSN to MSN-FNP)
- Online Doctor of Nursing Practice - Family Nurse Practitioner Track (BSN to DNP)
- And more...
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Wisconsin
Qualified, certified sonographers are needed and employed throughout the state of Wisconsin. The majority, however, work in the metropolitan areas of the state, such as Madison, Green Bay, and Milwaukee. Additionally, the job outlook through 2022 is also better than the average, with an estimated 39 percent rate of growth for the profession.
In Wisconsin, professional ultrasound technicians also have a high annual salary average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual average salary for diagnostic medical sonographers in the state of Wisconsin ranges from $72,871 to $84,220. Additionally, as of May 2012, there were 1,000 employed diagnostic medical sonographers in Wisconsin.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Wisconsin
For candidates interested in an associate’s or professional degree to those working toward completion of a bachelor’s degree, Wisconsin’s educational institutions offering the diagnostic medical sonography program include:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- University of Wisconsin
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center – School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Wisconsin Technical College
- Concordia University
- Carroll University
Medical Sonography Classes in Wisconsin
|University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW)||500 Lincoln Dr |
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W Clairemont Ave |
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 Campus Dr |
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 County Road G |
Janesville, Wisconsin 53547
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St |
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54307
|Sanford-Brown College-West Allis||6737 W Washington St., Ste 2355 |
West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
|Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center-School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography||180 W. Grange Ave. |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
|University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee||2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI – 53201||www.chs.uwm.edu|
|Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Francis Hospital||3237 South 16th Street, Milwaukee, WI – 53215||www.mywheaton.org/sonography|
|University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 440, Madison, WI – 53705||www.uwhealth.org|