Accreditation is an important element of the education process because it helps to ensure that students are working toward completion of a degree that meets with common standards and requirements in the professional field. Accreditation is also required when transferring to a different institution and often for entry into a graduate degree program.
In Wisconsin, there are several accredited programs to choose from. The accrediting agencies for these schools are the Joint Review of Commission on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and the Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
Sonography Education in Wisconsin
The growing need for qualified professionals in the field of sonography has increased demand for accredited, respected programs. In Wisconsin, prospective students can consider a number of different options for completing an education to prepare for entry into the field.
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is the certification board for these credentials. The ARDMS designation is earned after successfully completing the examination to show competency in sonography for abdomen and obstetrics, gynecology, and breast. The RDCS credential can be earned after successfully completing the examination for adult echocardiography. The RVT certification can be earned after passing the examination for vascular ultrasound. To be a professional in the state of Wisconsin, diagnostic medical sonographers will need to obtain the appropriate certifications.
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Wisconsin
Qualified, certified sonographers are needed and employed throughout the state of Wisconsin. The majority, however, work in the metropolitan areas of the state, such as Madison, Green Bay, and Milwaukee. Additionally, the job outlook through 2022 is also better than the average, with an estimated 39 percent rate of growth for the profession.
In Wisconsin, professional ultrasound technicians also have a high annual salary average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual average salary for diagnostic medical sonographers in the state of Wisconsin ranges from $72,871 to $84,220. Additionally, as of May 2012, there were 1,000 employed diagnostic medical sonographers in Wisconsin.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Wisconsin
For candidates interested in an associate’s or professional degree to those working toward completion of a bachelor’s degree, Wisconsin’s educational institutions offering the diagnostic medical sonography program include:
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- University of Wisconsin
- Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center – School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Wisconsin Technical College
- Concordia University
- Carroll University
Medical Sonography Classes in Wisconsin
|University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW)||500 Lincoln Dr |
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W Clairemont Ave |
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 Campus Dr |
Wausau, Wisconsin 54401
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 County Road G |
Janesville, Wisconsin 53547
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St |
Green Bay, Wisconsin 54307
|Sanford-Brown College-West Allis||6737 W Washington St., Ste 2355 |
West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
|Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center-School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography||180 W. Grange Ave. |
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53207
|University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee||2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI – 53201||www.chs.uwm.edu|
|Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St Francis Hospital||3237 South 16th Street, Milwaukee, WI – 53215||www.mywheaton.org/sonography|
|University of Wisconsin Hospitals & Clinics||610 N. Whitney Way, Suite 440, Madison, WI – 53705||www.uwhealth.org|