SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN WASHINGTON
Each school offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. (Bellevue refers to its program as the Associate of Arts in Diagnostic Ultrasound.) At Bellevue students can choose from three specialties: General, which focuses on the abdomen and obstetrics & gynecology (OB/GYN); vascular technology, which concentrates on the vascular system; and echocardiography, which concerns medical imaging of the heart. The associate ultrasound degree program is designed for completion in seven semester quarters (two Fall, two Winter, two Spring, and one Summer), and the curriculum consists of 109 to 112 credits, depending on the school. Bellevue also offers the option to get a Certificate of Completion in Breast Ultrasound. Designed for completion in three quarters instead of seven, the certificate program is for mammographers or aspiring ultrasound technicians who wish to acquire skills in breast ultrasound scanning. For completion of the program, students need to take three courses, totaling eight semester credits. They are: "Ultrasound Physics for Mammographers," "Breast Ultrasound for Mammographers," and "Ultrasound Equipment/Knobology for Mammographers."
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHER
Sonographer in Washington are generally better paid than their counterparts in other parts of the United States. According to a 2012 report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Washington made a median annual salary of $80,500 ($38.71 per hour), which is much higher than the national median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for the profession. That year, the bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Washington made $63,800 ($30.67 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $97,000 ($46.63 per hour). The BLS expects a 23 percent growth in job opportunities for sonographers in Washington between 2010 and 2020; the agency estimates the number of professionals in the state at 1,300.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) Spokane Community College (Spokane, WA) Tacoma Community College (Tacoma, WA)
Medical Sonography Classes in Washington
|University of Washington - Seattle (UW)||1400 NE Campus Parkway |
Seattle, Washington 98195
|Seattle University||900 Broadway |
Seattle, Washington 98122
|Central Washington University||400 East University Way |
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
|Spokane Community College||1810 North Greene Street |
Spokane, Washington 99217
|Tacoma Community College||6501 S 19th St |
Tacoma, Washington 98466
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N 20th Ave |
Pasco, Washington 99301
|Bellevue College||3000 Landerholm Cir SE |
Bellevue, Washington 98007