SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN WASHINGTON
Each school offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. (Bellevue refers to its program as the Associate of Arts in Diagnostic Ultrasound.) At Bellevue students can choose from three specialties: General, which focuses on the abdomen and obstetrics & gynecology (OB/GYN); vascular technology, which concentrates on the vascular system; and echocardiography, which concerns medical imaging of the heart. The associate ultrasound degree program is designed for completion in seven semester quarters (two Fall, two Winter, two Spring, and one Summer), and the curriculum consists of 109 to 112 credits, depending on the school. Bellevue also offers the option to get a Certificate of Completion in Breast Ultrasound. Designed for completion in three quarters instead of seven, the certificate program is for mammographers or aspiring ultrasound technicians who wish to acquire skills in breast ultrasound scanning. For completion of the program, students need to take three courses, totaling eight semester credits. They are: “Ultrasound Physics for Mammographers,” “Breast Ultrasound for Mammographers,” and “Ultrasound Equipment/Knobology for Mammographers.”
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHER
Sonographer in Washington are generally better paid than their counterparts in other parts of the United States. According to a 2012 report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Washington made a median annual salary of $80,500 ($38.71 per hour), which is much higher than the national median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for the profession. That year, the bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Washington made $63,800 ($30.67 per hour), while the top 10 percent made $97,000 ($46.63 per hour). The BLS expects a 23 percent growth in job opportunities for sonographers in Washington between 2010 and 2020; the agency estimates the number of professionals in the state at 1,300.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
Bellevue College (Bellevue, WA) Spokane Community College (Spokane, WA) Tacoma Community College (Tacoma, WA)
Medical Sonography Classes in Washington
|University of Washington - Seattle (UW)||1400 NE Campus Parkway |
Seattle, Washington 98195
|Seattle University||900 Broadway |
Seattle, Washington 98122
|Central Washington University||400 East University Way |
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
|Spokane Community College||1810 North Greene Street |
Spokane, Washington 99217
|Tacoma Community College||6501 S 19th St |
Tacoma, Washington 98466
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N 20th Ave |
Pasco, Washington 99301
|Bellevue College||3000 Landerholm Cir SE |
Bellevue, Washington 98007