Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Carolina
In spite of the excellent employment growth diagnostic medical sonographers are experiencing, South Carolina only has two accredited ultrasound technician schools. The two schools are Greenville Technical College in Greenville and Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway. Both schools offer 2-year associate degree programs.
Sonography Education in South Carolina
Students in the sonography program learn about patient care, medical ethics and the physics of ultrasound. They also gain experience in various areas of sonography such as obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal sonography. Although students must complete coursework and lab classes, a large part of the curriculum is the clinical training. Students receive supervised hands-on training performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the different areas of sonography. The programs at both schools have very selective admissions processes so applicants must be sure to meet all admission requirements, including health screenings and criminal background checks.
Graduates can take the Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam. Additionally, they can obtain certification in abdomen, breast, cardiac, obstetrics and vascular sonography.
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in South Carolina
According to a 2012 report by the U.S Department of Labor, ultrasound technologists working in Carolina are earning a lower median annual wage than what ultrasound technologists are earning nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that diagnostic medical sonographers in South Carolina earned a mean annual wage of $57,840, which is lower than the national average of $66,360. It is reported, however, that sonographers who have multiple certifications increase their earning potentials.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in South CarolinaThe 4-semester Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate program offered at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a 39-credit program that can also lead to students earning an Associate in Applied Science in General Technology with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography once they have enough applicable credits.
Greenville Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can be completed in two years. The first year, which offers day, evening and weekend classes, is for completing general education and related courses, while the second year is for academic courses and clinical education.
Medical Sonography Classes in South Carolina
|Greenville Technical College||738 S Pleasantburg Dr |
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East |
Conway, South Carolina 29526
|Medical University of South Carolina||179 Ashley Ave |
Charleston, South Carolina 29425