Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Carolina
In spite of the excellent employment growth diagnostic medical sonographers are experiencing, South Carolina only has two accredited ultrasound technician schools. The two schools are Greenville Technical College in Greenville and Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway. Both schools offer 2-year associate degree programs.
Sonography Education in South Carolina
Students in the sonography program learn about patient care, medical ethics and the physics of ultrasound. They also gain experience in various areas of sonography such as obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal sonography. Although students must complete coursework and lab classes, a large part of the curriculum is the clinical training. Students receive supervised hands-on training performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the different areas of sonography. The programs at both schools have very selective admissions processes so applicants must be sure to meet all admission requirements, including health screenings and criminal background checks.
Graduates can take the Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam. Additionally, they can obtain certification in abdomen, breast, cardiac, obstetrics and vascular sonography.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- AS Health Science
- And more...
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- AOS Medical Assisting - Management Concentration
- AOS Medical Assisting - Clinical Concentration
- Medical Assistant Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in South Carolina
According to a 2012 report by the U.S Department of Labor, ultrasound technologists working in Carolina are earning a lower median annual wage than what ultrasound technologists are earning nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that diagnostic medical sonographers in South Carolina earned a mean annual wage of $57,840, which is lower than the national average of $66,360. It is reported, however, that sonographers who have multiple certifications increase their earning potentials.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in South CarolinaThe 4-semester Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate program offered at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a 39-credit program that can also lead to students earning an Associate in Applied Science in General Technology with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography once they have enough applicable credits.
Greenville Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can be completed in two years. The first year, which offers day, evening and weekend classes, is for completing general education and related courses, while the second year is for academic courses and clinical education.
Medical Sonography Classes in South Carolina
|Greenville Technical College||738 S Pleasantburg Dr |
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East |
Conway, South Carolina 29526
|Medical University of South Carolina||179 Ashley Ave |
Charleston, South Carolina 29425