Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in South Carolina
In spite of the excellent employment growth diagnostic medical sonographers are experiencing, South Carolina only has two accredited ultrasound technician schools. The two schools are Greenville Technical College in Greenville and Horry-Georgetown Technical College in Conway. Both schools offer 2-year associate degree programs.
Sonography Education in South Carolina
Students in the sonography program learn about patient care, medical ethics and the physics of ultrasound. They also gain experience in various areas of sonography such as obstetrics, gynecology and abdominal sonography. Although students must complete coursework and lab classes, a large part of the curriculum is the clinical training. Students receive supervised hands-on training performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures in the different areas of sonography. The programs at both schools have very selective admissions processes so applicants must be sure to meet all admission requirements, including health screenings and criminal background checks.
Graduates can take the Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exam through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) certification exam. Additionally, they can obtain certification in abdomen, breast, cardiac, obstetrics and vascular sonography.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in South Carolina
According to a 2012 report by the U.S Department of Labor, ultrasound technologists working in Carolina are earning a lower median annual wage than what ultrasound technologists are earning nationwide. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that diagnostic medical sonographers in South Carolina earned a mean annual wage of $57,840, which is lower than the national average of $66,360. It is reported, however, that sonographers who have multiple certifications increase their earning potentials.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in South CarolinaThe 4-semester Diagnostic Medical Sonography Certificate program offered at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is a 39-credit program that can also lead to students earning an Associate in Applied Science in General Technology with a concentration in Diagnostic Medical Sonography once they have enough applicable credits.
Greenville Technical College offers an Associate in Applied Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography that can be completed in two years. The first year, which offers day, evening and weekend classes, is for completing general education and related courses, while the second year is for academic courses and clinical education.
Medical Sonography Classes in South Carolina
|Greenville Technical College||738 S Pleasantburg Dr |
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
|Horry-Georgetown Technical College||2050 Highway 501 East |
Conway, South Carolina 29526
|Medical University of South Carolina||179 Ashley Ave |
Charleston, South Carolina 29425