Although there are no accredited programs for Ultrasound Technicians in San Antonio, there are 19 programs within the state of Texas, five of which are within 200 miles of San Antonio, mostly in the cities of Austin and Houston. A listing of accredited schools for Diagnostic Medical Sonography can be found on the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs website.
The programs available near San Antonio are 1-2 year programs that offer either an Advanced Technical Certificate or an Associates of Applied Science Degree, preparing the student to sit for the American Registry of Diagnostic Sonographers (ARDMS) exam. Graduates that receive an Associate’s Degree of higher can choose to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT), as well. The institutions offer concentrations in Echocardiography, Vascular Sonography, OB-GYN Sonography, or General Sonography. Prerequisites of college-level algebra, physics, communications, human anatomy and physiology, and medical terminology are required to be accepted into most of the programs. The general coursework will include basic patient care, medical ethics and law, and pathophysiology. Also included in the curriculum, the student will learn about acoustic physics, ultrasound principles and the ultrasound instrumentation. By learning to interpret the sonographic images, the student will be prepared to recognize abnormalities, and, under a qualified physician’s supervision, diagnose disease. Students will also be required to take part in clinical rotations in addition to their coursework in order to receive hands-on training.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Salaries for Sonography Tech
Diagnostic Medical Sonographers in San Antonio make an average annual salary of $61,000, with the national average annual salary of $70,000, according to Indeed.com. The projected growth of the industry by 2022 is expected to be 39%.