Although you don't have to be licensed as a sonography tech in the state of Pennsylvania, it's recommended you become certified for access to the best jobs. With certification under your belt, you will have the skills necessary to perform a range of ultrasonography duties. From Penn Medicine to the University of Pennsylvania med school, there are many opportunities after you are certified to hone your skills. Schools within Pennsylvania include Sanford-Brown Institute in Bensalem Township, Northampton County Area Community College in Bethlehem, Misericordia University in Dallas, Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg in Harrisburg, Lancaster General College of Nursing in Lancaster, and Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia.
If you are searching for ultrasound technician schools in Pittsburgh PA in particular, check out the Community College of Allegheny County, which offers certifications and associates degrees in diagnostic medical sonography and sonographer and ultrasound technician courses. Nearby, Sanford-Brown Institute offers associates degrees in the same fields. Financial aid is available at both schools, with tuition rates varying by commuters or room-in.
Sonography tech schools in Philadelphia, the state's biggest city and home to about 1.5 million people. Famed for its pivotal role in the American Revolution, this city served as a central meeting spot for the country's Founding Fathers, and it's where the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776. You can attend the historic Thomas Jefferson University on Walnut Street, which offers certification and bachelor's degrees in diagnostic medical sonography/sonographer . Financial aid is available and tuition varies on type of program and rooming situation.
In your search for quality ultrasound tech schools in PA, you will find many programs to suit your needs, budget and geographical requirements. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, diagnostic medical sonographers make a median pay of about $64,380 per year -- nearly $40 per hour. Employment in this sector is projected to grow by 44 percent between now and 2020, a faster-than-average growth across all occupations. This means you can be confident in your quest to become an ultrasound tech in this state, with a demand for jobs that can provide a certain level of job security.
Sonography schools in PA can help you prepare for a career in sonography tech, giving you access to the most technologically advanced systems used in the United States. Whether you get an associate’s degree or post-secondary certificate, you'll find that most employers within the state and across the country require professional certification of some kind.
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Radiologic Technology
- Medical Assisting Basic X-Ray Technician - Associates
- Medical Assisting with Basic X-Ray Operation
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (MSN)
The Berkeley Advantage®is part of a proven approach to career-focused education that can help students prepare for success.
- Certificate in Patient Care Technician
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Specialized Technology
- IMBA - Healthcare Informatics
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate in Specialized Business
Medical Sonography Classes in Pennsylvania
|Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)||5000 Forbes Avenue |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213
|Pennsylvania State University (PSU)||201 Old Main |
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
|University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh Campus||4200 Fifth Avenue |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260
|Misericordia University||301 Lake St |
Dallas, Pennsylvania 18612
|Drexel University (DU)||3141 Chestnut St |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
|Temple University (TU)||1801 North Broad Street |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences||410 N Lime Street |
Lancaster, Pennsylvania 17602
|South Hills School of Business & Technology||480 Waupelani Dr |
State College, Pennsylvania 16801
|Great Lakes Institute of Technology||5100 Peach Street |
Erie, Pennsylvania 16509
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Pittsburgh||421 Seventh Avenue |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15219
|Sanford-Brown Institute-Trevose||3600 Horizon Blvd., Suite GL1 |
Trevose, Pennsylvania 19053
|Lackawanna College||501 Vine St |
Scranton, Pennsylvania 18509
|Northampton County Area Community College||3835 Green Pond Rd |
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020
|Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg||1 HACC Dr. |
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17110
|Community College of Allegheny County||800 Allegheny Ave |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233
|Westmoreland County Community College||145 Pavilion Lane |
Youngwood, Pennsylvania 15697
|Thomas Jefferson University||1020 Walnut Street |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
|Crozer-Chester Medical Center (Keystone)||One Medical Center Blvd, North Campus Room 214A, Upland 19013||www.crozer.org|
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences||410 North Lime Street, Lancaster 17602||www.pacollege.edu|
|Mount Aloysius College||7373 Admiral Peary Highway, Cresson 16630||www.mtaloy.edu|