Sonography Tech is a field that’s become very popular and in demand in recent years. If this career appeals to you but you have questions, you’ve come to the right place, particularly if you’re looking for sonography tech schools in Oregon. Read on to learn how you can become part of this demanding and challenging career.
Finding Sonography Tech Schools in Oregon
Aspiring diagnostic medical sonographers may have difficulty sonographers in Oregon because there is only one school in Oregon to offer this type of training, according to Education News. This school, the Oregon Institute of Technology, offers a diagnostic medical sonography program. Although this program is not CAAHEP-accredited, it is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), so graduates are eligible to sit for the certification exams administered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Oregon Tech reports that graduates of its program have excellent pass rate on the ARDMS exam.
In addition to Oregon Tech, students also have a few other options. Three schools, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Jackson College in Jackson, Michigan; and Washington University in Topeka, Kansas offer ultrasound technician programs through distance learning. A third option for Oregon residents is enrolling in an ultrasound technician program in a neighboring state such as California, Washington, Nevada or Idaho. Some of the above-mentioned programs are for those just beginning this career and others are aimed at those who are already working and/or certified in sonography or another healthcare field.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Does the Ultrasound Tech School in Oregon Offer a Degree Program?
Oregon Tech, one of the only ultrasound tech schools in Oregon, offers a 4-year program that culminates in a Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The program has a curriculum that includes general education courses, healthcare and major-related courses, and clinical education. The first year includes general education courses such as anatomy and physiology, algebra, chemistry and English composition.
The second and third year include lab studies with courses such as pelvic sonography; cross-sectional anatomy; sonographic principles and instrumentation; fetal echo, neonatal and pediatric sonography; pathology; and healthcare management. Students spend the final year completing externships in area healthcare facilities to obtain real experience performing diagnostic medical sonography procedures.
Students who choose online diagnostic medical sonography program can complete general their courses through distance learning. Alternatively, they may choose to complete general education courses at their local college in Oregon and complete the health-related courses online. Once the courses are successfully completed, the students can complete their externships at local hospitals or healthcare facilities.
What is Career Outlook for Graduates of Ultrasound Technician Schools in Oregon?
As of May 2012, the state of Oregon had 460 diagnostic medical sonographers employed, and they earned a mean annual wage of $81,010, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This amount is substantially higher than the nationwide average wage of $66,360. In fact, Oregon ranks as one of the highest paying states for this occupation. The BLS also reported that these medical professionals would see an employment growth of 46% between 2010 and 2020. Obtaining certification and improve employment options; certifications in multiple areas of sonography can enhance the resume even more.
Medical Sonography Classes in Oregon
|University of Oregon (UO)||110 Johnson Hall |
Eugene, Oregon 97403
|Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT)||3201 Campus Drive |
Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601