One of the smallest states in the union, New Hampshire only has one school that offers an accredited sonography tech program. New Hampshire Technical Institute, Concord’s Community College (better known as NHTI Concord’s Community College) is a two-year institution of higher learning located in Concord, the state’s capital. The school offers a Professional Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The curriculum of NHTI Concord’s sonography program consists of 50 semester credits. It is designed for completion within two years: a full first year consisting of the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters; and a truncated second year with just the Fall semester. Each of the training program’s four semesters has a DMS Clinic, in which students gain hands-on experience that includes performing medical imaging with sophisticated ultrasound instrumentation. The lab exercises prepare students for a profession that would place them in hospitals or private clinics. Other classes offered in the NHTI program include Sonographic Anatomy and Pathology, Sonographic Principles of OB/GYN, Sonographic Physics, Seminars in Sonography, and Principles of Vascular Ultrasound. For admission to the program, applicants must have completed an associate or bachelor’s degree program in an allied health science; eligible specializations include radiologic technology, nursing, and physical therapy. (Medical assisting is not included) NHTI strongly recommends knowledge in medical terminology, and applicants must complete a course in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Airway Obstruction Management for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer before they register for the program.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Public Administration in Healthcare Policy & Ethics
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
SALARIES FOR SONOGRAPHERS
Diagnostic medical sonographers in New Hampshire made a median yearly income of $75,000 ($36.07 per hour) in 2012, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This is higher than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent made a median annual wage of $62,000 ($29.81 per hour), while the top 10 percent took home $91,100 ($43.78 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 220 diagnostic medical sonographers in 2010, and the agency expects the number to be 290 by 2020: a 34 percent increase.
Medical Sonography Classes in New Hampshire
|NHTI-Concord's Community College||31 College Drive |
Concord, New Hampshire 03301