The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is the only institution of higher learning in Nevada that offers sonography tech training. Based in Las Vegas, CSN offers an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from its Ralph & Betty Engelstad School of Health Sciences. CSN's sonography program is fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), as well as the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN NEVADA
Sonography students at CSN can choose from one of two specialties. In the General/Vascular Ultrasound track, students are trained in the areas of abdominal, obstetrical/gynecological and vascular (blood vessels) ultrasound. The other track, Cardiac/Vascular, trains students in vascular ultrasound as well, as the name suggests. However, students in this track will have more focus on adult and pediatric echocardiography (sonogram of the heart). CSN's A.A.S. program is designed for completion in two years. Prerequisite and general education requirement courses include subject areas like anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and philosophy. While the General/Vascular track requires at least 61 semester credits for graduation, the Cardio/Vascular specialty has a 60-credit minimum requirement. Upon graduation, students can sit for the National Registry Exams for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Those from the General/Vascular discipline will use the designation Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or RDMS. Those from the Cardiac/Vascular specialization will assume the title of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, or RDCS.
- Medical Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS IN NEVADA
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Nevada generally make more money than the national average for the profession. In 2012, the median annual salary was $73,000 ($35.12 per hour); this is more than the U.S. median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for sonographers. The bottom 10 percent and top 10 percent made $57,700 ($27.75 per hour) and $91,400 ($43.93), respectively. The BLS reports that there were 340 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Nevada, and it expects a 34 percent increase in that number (up to 450) between then and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS IN NEVADA
College of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nevada
|Great Basin College||1500 College Parkway |
Elko, Nevada 89801
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W. Charleston Blvd. |
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146