The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is the only institution of higher learning in Nevada that offers sonography tech training. Based in Las Vegas, CSN offers an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from its Ralph & Betty Engelstad School of Health Sciences. CSN's sonography program is fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), as well as the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN NEVADA
Sonography students at CSN can choose from one of two specialties. In the General/Vascular Ultrasound track, students are trained in the areas of abdominal, obstetrical/gynecological and vascular (blood vessels) ultrasound. The other track, Cardiac/Vascular, trains students in vascular ultrasound as well, as the name suggests. However, students in this track will have more focus on adult and pediatric echocardiography (sonogram of the heart). CSN's A.A.S. program is designed for completion in two years. Prerequisite and general education requirement courses include subject areas like anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and philosophy. While the General/Vascular track requires at least 61 semester credits for graduation, the Cardio/Vascular specialty has a 60-credit minimum requirement. Upon graduation, students can sit for the National Registry Exams for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Those from the General/Vascular discipline will use the designation Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or RDMS. Those from the Cardiac/Vascular specialization will assume the title of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, or RDCS.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS IN NEVADA
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Nevada generally make more money than the national average for the profession. In 2012, the median annual salary was $73,000 ($35.12 per hour); this is more than the U.S. median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for sonographers. The bottom 10 percent and top 10 percent made $57,700 ($27.75 per hour) and $91,400 ($43.93), respectively. The BLS reports that there were 340 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Nevada, and it expects a 34 percent increase in that number (up to 450) between then and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS IN NEVADA
College of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nevada
|Great Basin College||1500 College Parkway |
Elko, Nevada 89801
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W. Charleston Blvd. |
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146