The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) is the only institution of higher learning in Nevada that offers sonography tech training. Based in Las Vegas, CSN offers an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from its Ralph & Betty Engelstad School of Health Sciences. CSN's sonography program is fully accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), as well as the Joint Review Committee for Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN NEVADA
Sonography students at CSN can choose from one of two specialties. In the General/Vascular Ultrasound track, students are trained in the areas of abdominal, obstetrical/gynecological and vascular (blood vessels) ultrasound. The other track, Cardiac/Vascular, trains students in vascular ultrasound as well, as the name suggests. However, students in this track will have more focus on adult and pediatric echocardiography (sonogram of the heart). CSN's A.A.S. program is designed for completion in two years. Prerequisite and general education requirement courses include subject areas like anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and philosophy. While the General/Vascular track requires at least 61 semester credits for graduation, the Cardio/Vascular specialty has a 60-credit minimum requirement. Upon graduation, students can sit for the National Registry Exams for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Those from the General/Vascular discipline will use the designation Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, or RDMS. Those from the Cardiac/Vascular specialization will assume the title of Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer, or RDCS.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN-BSN) - Bachelor's
- Nursing - Master's
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS IN NEVADA
According to a 2012 report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), diagnostic medical sonographers in Nevada generally make more money than the national average for the profession. In 2012, the median annual salary was $73,000 ($35.12 per hour); this is more than the U.S. median salary of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour) for sonographers. The bottom 10 percent and top 10 percent made $57,700 ($27.75 per hour) and $91,400 ($43.93), respectively. The BLS reports that there were 340 diagnostic medical sonographers working in Nevada, and it expects a 34 percent increase in that number (up to 450) between then and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS IN NEVADA
College of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas, NV)
Medical Sonography Classes in Nevada
|Great Basin College||1500 College Parkway |
Elko, Nevada 89801
|College of Southern Nevada||6375 W. Charleston Blvd. |
Las Vegas, Nevada 89146