Most accredited programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography are between 1-4 years, depending on the institution, offering a certificate, an Associates of Applied Science degree, or a Bachelor of Science Degree, with a concentration in General Sonography, Adult Echocardiography, Pediatric Echocardiography, and Vascular Sonography. After completing the program, an individual can sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) exam to be a licensed technician. Most institutions require prerequisites in college-level algebra, physics, communications, and human anatomy and physiology in order to be accepted into the program. During the completion of the curriculum, a student will receive training in basic patient care, medical ethics and laws, medical terminology, and pathophysiology. A student will then continue on to learn about the technology, including acoustic physics, Doppler ultrasound principles, and ultrasound instrumentation. The student will also learn how to recognize, identify, and document the images, and, with the supervision of a qualified physician, diagnose irregularities and disease. In addition to coursework, students will be required to participate in hands-on training with clinical rotations.
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
According to Indeed.com, the average annual salary across Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is $64,000, with a range of $54,000 in Bozeman to $70,000 in Billings. The national average annual salary is $70,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsThere are currently no accredited schools in Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Nearby states have programs available at the following institutions: -Boise State University in Boise, Idaho -Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls, South Dakota -Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Online coursework training is also an available option. There are also three accredited online programs available through: -Washburn University in Topeka, KS -Jackson College in Jackson, Michigan -University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Medical Sonography Classes in Montana