The state of Missouri has a grand total of six institutions that offer accredited sonography tech programs. One of them is a hospital--St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, to be exact. Four of them are institutions established to provide tertiary education or vocational training to their respective communities; they are the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou), Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, St. Louis Community College, and Cox College in Springfield. The sixth institution is Sanford-Brown, a national educational organization that has a campus in Fenton. All ultrasound programs in Missouri are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN MISSOURI
Three of the sonography programs in Missouri--specifically offered by Hillyard, St. Louis Community College, and St. Luke's College--award a Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography upon completion. The certificate program has a curriculum that is easy to complete in little over a year. (St. Louis' offering in particular consists of 42 credits.) Mizzou, which is the largest university in Missouri, has the most elaborate ultrasound technician training in the state. Here students can get a Bachelor or Master of Health Science (BHS or MHS) in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. Cox College, a private institution narrowly focused on the health sciences, also offers a Bachelor of Science in diagnostic medical imaging. Sanford-Brown is the only institution of the six that has a two-year Associate of Applied Science program in ultrasound technician training.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
Ultrasound technologists in Missouri generally make a little more money annually than professionals in the same field on a national scale. In 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that diagnostic medical sonographers in the state had a median yearly income of $66,600 ($32.04 per hour). This is slightly more than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Missouri made $48,100 ($23.12 per hour) in 2012, compared with the top 10 percent, which made $86,400 ($41.52 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 910 diagnostic medical sonographers in Missouri in the year 2010. The agency expects that number to grow to 1,210 (a 33 percent growth rate) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
- Cox College (Springfield, MO)
- Hillyard Technical Center (St. Joseph, MO)
- Sanford Brown College-Fenton (Fenton, MO)
- St Louis Community College-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO)
Medical Sonography Classes in Missouri
|Webster University||470 E Lockwood Ave. |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119
|University of Missouri - Columbia (MU)||105 Jesse Hall |
Columbia, Missouri 65211
|Hillyard Technical Center||3434 Faraon St |
Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506
Liberal Arts College
COMPARESEE DETAILS ›
|1345 Smizer Mill Road |
Fenton, Missouri 63026
|Saint Louis Community College||300 South Broadway |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
|Cox College||1423 North Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO – 65802||www.coxhealth.com|
|Rolla Technical Center||500 Forum Dr, Rolla, MO – 65401||www.rolla.k12.mo.us/rti|
|St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City||624 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO – 64111||www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org|