The state of Missouri has a grand total of six institutions that offer accredited sonography tech programs. One of them is a hospital--St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, to be exact. Four of them are institutions established to provide tertiary education or vocational training to their respective communities; they are the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou), Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, St. Louis Community College, and Cox College in Springfield. The sixth institution is Sanford-Brown, a national educational organization that has a campus in Fenton. All ultrasound programs in Missouri are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN MISSOURI
Three of the sonography programs in Missouri--specifically offered by Hillyard, St. Louis Community College, and St. Luke's College--award a Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography upon completion. The certificate program has a curriculum that is easy to complete in little over a year. (St. Louis' offering in particular consists of 42 credits.) Mizzou, which is the largest university in Missouri, has the most elaborate ultrasound technician training in the state. Here students can get a Bachelor or Master of Health Science (BHS or MHS) in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. Cox College, a private institution narrowly focused on the health sciences, also offers a Bachelor of Science in diagnostic medical imaging. Sanford-Brown is the only institution of the six that has a two-year Associate of Applied Science program in ultrasound technician training.
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Diploma Program
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Nursing BSN B.S.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
Ultrasound technologists in Missouri generally make a little more money annually than professionals in the same field on a national scale. In 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that diagnostic medical sonographers in the state had a median yearly income of $66,600 ($32.04 per hour). This is slightly more than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Missouri made $48,100 ($23.12 per hour) in 2012, compared with the top 10 percent, which made $86,400 ($41.52 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 910 diagnostic medical sonographers in Missouri in the year 2010. The agency expects that number to grow to 1,210 (a 33 percent growth rate) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
- Cox College (Springfield, MO)
- Hillyard Technical Center (St. Joseph, MO)
- Sanford Brown College-Fenton (Fenton, MO)
- St Louis Community College-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO)
Medical Sonography Classes in Missouri
|Webster University||470 E Lockwood Ave. |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119
|University of Missouri - Columbia (MU)||105 Jesse Hall |
Columbia, Missouri 65211
|Hillyard Technical Center||3434 Faraon St |
Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506
Liberal Arts College
COMPARESEE DETAILS ›
|1345 Smizer Mill Road |
Fenton, Missouri 63026
|Saint Louis Community College||300 South Broadway |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
|Cox College||1423 North Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO – 65802||www.coxhealth.com|
|Rolla Technical Center||500 Forum Dr, Rolla, MO – 65401||www.rolla.k12.mo.us/rti|
|St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City||624 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO – 64111||www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org|