The state of Missouri has a grand total of six institutions that offer accredited sonography tech programs. One of them is a hospital--St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City, to be exact. Four of them are institutions established to provide tertiary education or vocational training to their respective communities; they are the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou), Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, St. Louis Community College, and Cox College in Springfield. The sixth institution is Sanford-Brown, a national educational organization that has a campus in Fenton. All ultrasound programs in Missouri are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN MISSOURI
Three of the sonography programs in Missouri--specifically offered by Hillyard, St. Louis Community College, and St. Luke's College--award a Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography upon completion. The certificate program has a curriculum that is easy to complete in little over a year. (St. Louis' offering in particular consists of 42 credits.) Mizzou, which is the largest university in Missouri, has the most elaborate ultrasound technician training in the state. Here students can get a Bachelor or Master of Health Science (BHS or MHS) in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. Cox College, a private institution narrowly focused on the health sciences, also offers a Bachelor of Science in diagnostic medical imaging. Sanford-Brown is the only institution of the six that has a two-year Associate of Applied Science program in ultrasound technician training.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
Ultrasound technologists in Missouri generally make a little more money annually than professionals in the same field on a national scale. In 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that diagnostic medical sonographers in the state had a median yearly income of $66,600 ($32.04 per hour). This is slightly more than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Missouri made $48,100 ($23.12 per hour) in 2012, compared with the top 10 percent, which made $86,400 ($41.52 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 910 diagnostic medical sonographers in Missouri in the year 2010. The agency expects that number to grow to 1,210 (a 33 percent growth rate) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
- Cox College (Springfield, MO)
- Hillyard Technical Center (St. Joseph, MO)
- Sanford Brown College-Fenton (Fenton, MO)
- St Louis Community College-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO)
Medical Sonography Classes in Missouri
|Webster University||470 E Lockwood Ave. |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119
|University of Missouri - Columbia (MU)||105 Jesse Hall |
Columbia, Missouri 65211
|Hillyard Technical Center||3434 Faraon St |
Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506
Liberal Arts College
COMPARESEE DETAILS ›
|1345 Smizer Mill Road |
Fenton, Missouri 63026
|Saint Louis Community College||300 South Broadway |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
|Cox College||1423 North Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO – 65802||www.coxhealth.com|
|Rolla Technical Center||500 Forum Dr, Rolla, MO – 65401||www.rolla.k12.mo.us/rti|
|St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City||624 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO – 64111||www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org|