Find accredited ultrasound technician schools in Mississippi
Anyone interested on a career in sonography may have a problem in Mississippi, as there is lower demand for medical professionals. That does not mean someone cannot have a successful ultrasonography career in Mississippi. To increase employment prospects, get certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), although it is not required to be an sonography tech in Mississippi.
Sonography education in Mississippi
Mississippi sonography schools prepare students for careers. Sonographers use the equipment to create images of the body for diagnoses. There are three schools in Mississippi with programs in diagnostic medical sonography.
Diagnostic medical sonography programs Mississippi
Hinds Community College
Hinds Community College helps students with entry-level sonographer jobs. The basic courses include an introduction to ultrasound, sectional anatomy, abdominal sonography, advanced sonography methods, obstetrics and gynecology sonography and physics.
Jones County Junior College
Jones County Junior College has a diagnostic medical sonography program that leads to a technical certificate or associate degree. Basic courses include classes in clinical imaging, physics, anatomy, ultrasonography, abdominal sonography, and obstetrics and gynecology. The students who complete the program are qualified to take the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Examination.
Itawamba Community College
Itawamba Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree and certificate program in diagnostic medical sonography. The program offers instruction on general sonography. Program classes include courses in ultrasound fundamentals, physics, anatomy and physiology, abdominal sonography, advanced procedures and vascular sonography. Students are also required to carry out supervised clinical work in practical settings.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Mississippi
As an ultrasound technologist, there is an opportunity to specialize in a number of areas, including mammography, radiology, imaging of the brain and spinal cord, obstetrics and gynecology, and ophthalmology. Different areas of specialization have different incomes. Sonographers specializing in radiology can earn a median income of up to $30.87 an hour, and those specializing in cardiac sonography earn a median wage of up to $39.28 an hour. Sonographers working in hospitals have a reported median income up to $30.85 an hour. Self employed sonographers earn the highest wages, making a median hourly income of up to $40.69 an hour or $84,635 a year.
Medical Sonography Classes in Mississippi
|Itawamba Community College||602 W Hill Street |
Fulton, Mississippi 38843
|Hinds Community College||505 East Main Street |
Raymond, Mississippi 39154
|Jones County Junior College||900 South Court Street |
Ellisville, Mississippi 39437
|University of Mississippi Medical Center||2500 N State St |
Jackson, Mississippi 39216
|Hinds Community College-Jackson||1750 Chadwick Drive, Jackson, MS – 39204||www.hindscc.edu|