Find accredited ultrasound technician schools in Mississippi
Anyone interested on a career in sonography may have a problem in Mississippi, as there is lower demand for medical professionals. That does not mean someone cannot have a successful ultrasonography career in Mississippi. To increase employment prospects, get certified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), although it is not required to be an sonography tech in Mississippi.
Sonography education in Mississippi
Mississippi sonography schools prepare students for careers. Sonographers use the equipment to create images of the body for diagnoses. There are three schools in Mississippi with programs in diagnostic medical sonography.
Diagnostic medical sonography programs Mississippi
Hinds Community College
Hinds Community College helps students with entry-level sonographer jobs. The basic courses include an introduction to ultrasound, sectional anatomy, abdominal sonography, advanced sonography methods, obstetrics and gynecology sonography and physics.
Jones County Junior College
Jones County Junior College has a diagnostic medical sonography program that leads to a technical certificate or associate degree. Basic courses include classes in clinical imaging, physics, anatomy, ultrasonography, abdominal sonography, and obstetrics and gynecology. The students who complete the program are qualified to take the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Examination.
Itawamba Community College
Itawamba Community College offers an Associate of Applied Science degree and certificate program in diagnostic medical sonography. The program offers instruction on general sonography. Program classes include courses in ultrasound fundamentals, physics, anatomy and physiology, abdominal sonography, advanced procedures and vascular sonography. Students are also required to carry out supervised clinical work in practical settings.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Salaries for ultrasound technologists in Mississippi
As an ultrasound technologist, there is an opportunity to specialize in a number of areas, including mammography, radiology, imaging of the brain and spinal cord, obstetrics and gynecology, and ophthalmology. Different areas of specialization have different incomes. Sonographers specializing in radiology can earn a median income of up to $30.87 an hour, and those specializing in cardiac sonography earn a median wage of up to $39.28 an hour. Sonographers working in hospitals have a reported median income up to $30.85 an hour. Self employed sonographers earn the highest wages, making a median hourly income of up to $40.69 an hour or $84,635 a year.
Medical Sonography Classes in Mississippi
|Itawamba Community College||602 W Hill Street |
Fulton, Mississippi 38843
|Hinds Community College||505 East Main Street |
Raymond, Mississippi 39154
|Jones County Junior College||900 South Court Street |
Ellisville, Mississippi 39437
|University of Mississippi Medical Center||2500 N State St |
Jackson, Mississippi 39216
|Hinds Community College-Jackson||1750 Chadwick Drive, Jackson, MS – 39204||www.hindscc.edu|