The College of Southern Nevada--often abbreviated as CSN--is the only school based in Las Vegas that offers an ultrasound technician program accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Although it offers three four-year degrees (Dental Hygiene,Cardiorespiratory Sciences, and Medical Laboratory Scientist), CSN is primarily a two-year institution, and it is the largest public higher education institution in the state.
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN LAS VEGAS
At the College of Southern Nevada, aspiring ultrasound technicians enroll in the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. Students can choose one of two tracks: Cardiac/Vascular Ultrasound or General/Vascular Ultrasound. Consisting of 92 credits, the Cardiac track is for those who wish to specialize in the cardiovascular system, of which the heart and blood vessels are two of the major components; they become competent in adult and pediatric echocardiography. On the other hand, students of the General Ultrasound track have to take 93 credits and are specifically trained in abdominal and obstetrics/gynecology (OB/GYN) ultrasound. Each track requires taking general education courses in the following academic categories: Communications, English, Human Relations, Mathematics, Science, and Fine Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences. Upon graduation, students are eligible to sit for the National Registry Exams for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is administered by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. When the student passes the exam, he or she attains the designation "Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer" (RDMS) if matriculating through the General/Vascular track or "Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer" (RDCS) if through the Cardio/Vascular track.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Liberty University's online programs ranked in the top 5 of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level**
- No standardized testing if you meet admission requirements
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer our degree and certificate programs in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS IN LAS VEGAS
In a May 2012 report, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimated that diagnostic medical sonographers in the Las Vegas metropolitan area had a mean annual wage of $70,580, or made $33.93 per hour. For the state of Nevada, the median annual salary for sonographers in 2012 was $73,000 ($35.12 per year), outpacing the national median by $7,100. The BLS estimated that there were 180 diagnostic medical sonographers in Las Vegas, thus making the city home to about 53 percent of the state's ultrasound technicians.