Find Accredited Ultrasound Technician Schools in Baltimore.
Both Johns Hopkins Hospital and University of Maryland Baltimore County offer certification for ultrasound technicians that is CAAHEP Accredited. In addition to CAAHEP accreditation, University of Maryland Baltimore County is ARRT Recognized.
You can find more information about Johns Hopkins’ and University of Maryland Baltimore County’s programs by visiting their respective websites below:
Sonography Education in Baltimore. Johns Hopkins Hospital is not only one of the most respected names in the medical field it also is home to one of the most established training programs for general and cardiac ultrasound technician certifications. The Johns Hopkins Hospital School of Cardiac Sonography Echocardiography Program is a 14-month full-time accredited program. Ranking fourth in the nation as a major research university, University of Maryland Baltimore County offers training for general, cardiac, and vascular ultrasound technician certification. UMBC’s Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is an accelerated 13.5 month accredited program.
To be certified as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) you must pass an examination overseen by The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The classes at these Baltimore schools will prepare for the examination.
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Pharmacy Technician - Diploma
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Healthcare Leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
- And more...
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists in Baltimore.
Salaries for a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Baltimore vary greatly depending on your certification, experience, specialty and specific location, with the mean sitting just under $72,000. A general ultrasound sonographer in the area averages $53,000, with specialists earning $100,000 or more a year.List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Maryland.
- Accredited Certificate Program in General Sonography
- Accredited Certificate Program in Cardiac Sonography
- Accredited Certificate Program in Vascular Sonography
Additionally, if you wish to pursue additional training, Montgomery County Community College in Takoma Park is the only local school offering an associate’s degree in sonography.
With its variety of certifications and degrees from top notch educational facilities available locally, Baltimore is the perfect place to study for the aspiring ultrasound technician!
A List of Best Schools for Diagnostic Medical Sonography Study in Baltimore, Maryland
School Name: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Address: 1800 Orleans St, #4052, Baltimore 21287
School Name: University of Maryland Baltimore County
Address: 1450 S. Rolling Road, Baltimore 21227