An Ultrasound Technician works in the Radiology Department of Imaging Centers and hospitals. Sonograms are used by physicians to diagnose and treat pregnancies and other conditions like cancer. An Ultrasound Tech may also be referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonagrapher, and they are educated in handling specific machines that operate using sound waves, so there is no pain involved. Ultrasound Technicians are essential for performing non-invasive imaging.
Sonagraphy EducationThe healthcare industry has been steadily growing in the past decade, so choosing a career as a sonography tech will lead to an exciting and rewarding career. State certification is required in order to work in the field, and the education involves courses in anatomy and science to attain an equivalent of an Associates’ Degree. The student must complete a total of 91 credit hours with 26 general education courses and 65 courses that includes clinical rounds under the supervision of a physician.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing & Coding
- And more...
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Fully Accredited Sonography TechSchools in Atlanta
There are three levels available in a Sonogram Education – Sonogram Certification, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree, and a student can even excel in a Master’s Degree program. There are five colleges in the Atlanta area that offer the required courses.
• Cambridge Institute of Allied of Health and Technology
• Sanford-Brown College in Atlanta
• Brown-Mackie Technical College
• Atlanta Technical College
• Georgia Northwestern Technological College
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Atlanta
Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs are offered at each of the five colleges listed above, and there are also four schools in the outlying areas including Mason, Georgia, Pegasus Letters is a superior program for Ultrasound Technicians that includes lectures and diagrams. Most programs consist of physical, science, algebra, patient care and clinical rounds for the associate degree, and a Bachelors and Masters Degree is available for those who want extended their education.