These technicians must possess excellent skills in caring for patients to keep them positioned correctly and to also explain the procedures involved while performing an examination. Technicians must also be knowledgeable about diseases and diagnostic procedures and are responsible for the maintenance of the ultrasound equipment.
As with most medical careers, ultrasound technicians generally work full-time schedules. Since hospitals never close, work schedules for ultrasound technicians vary with many working evenings, weekends or overnight.
List of Accredited Schools near Arizona
Featured Program: Central Arizona College
Image Source: publicsectorview.com
Upon completion of this full-time two year program at Central Arizona College, students become the best sonographers in the business! Students complete general education required courses as well as courses that teach them every in and out of the profession in a classroom setting, lecture setting, and hands-on setting. They learn to diagnose many different problems in various parts of the body, and the proper course of treatment for such diagnoses'. The course requires 23 credits and various other practicums to gain proficiency and be ready to interview for an entry level job in the field of Diagnostic Medical Sonography. If you are interested in a lucrative and fulfilling career such as this branch of the medical field, enroll yourself with Central Arizona College today!
Image Source: college-tuition.startclass.com
Major Cities Offering Training in Arizona
Outside of the greater Phoenix area, options for ultrasound technician training in Arizona are very limited, with ultrasound technology only being part of the nursing program curriculum of community colleges around the Tucson area. There are currently no ultrasound technician training programs available near Flagstaff, Kingman or Yuma.
Requirements for Technicians in Arizona
The State of Arizona does not require any sort of state issued license for ultrasound technicians, though most employers will not hire technicians without an accredited certification.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Health Information Management
- Health Care degrees include BA in Health Care Administration, BS in Health Information Management, BS in Nursing (RN to BSN), and more.
- Coursework focuses on relevant topics in the health care field, such as administration, planning, and policy.
- Students can specialize in areas like Human Resource Management, Health Care Informatics Systems, and Long-Term Care Management.
- Online degree programs that can help students pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- B/S Health Information Management
- Further Your Career with a Billing and Coding Diploma from Fortis!
- Medical Records
- Radiologic Technology
- Medical Assisting Basic X-Ray Technician - Associates
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Medical Assisting, Medical Billing and Coding, Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Nursing and Health Sciences Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Health and Medical Assisting Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Medical Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
Job Outlook in Arizona
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are currently around 880 ultrasound technicians employed throughout the state of Arizona, with over 70 percent of them working in the greater Phoenix area. The number of ultrasound technicians in Phoenix and the surrounding areas is expected to increase by more than 18 percent by the year 2018, which is much lower than the national average. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics expects an explosive growth of 39 percent in the field by 2022, throughout the rest of the country.
The average salary for an ultrasound technician in the Phoenix area is $76,180 per year, which is higher than the state-wide and national average of $60,350.
|University of Arizona||1401 E University |
Tucson, Arizona 85721
|Carrington College-Mesa||1001 Southern Ave., Ste. 130 |
Mesa, Arizona 85210
|GateWay Community College (Phoenix)|
GateWay Community College (Phoenix)
|108 N. 40th Street |
Phoenix, Arizona 85034
|Sanford-Brown College-Phoenix||9630 North 25th Ave |
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
|Central Arizona College||805 South Idaho Road, Apache Junction, AZ – 85119||www.centralaz.edu|