Find Accredited Sonography Technician Schools
The first thing you need to do is find a school that will help you obtain certification. While there are many options around Philadelphia, you might want to stay in the city to get your degree. If this is the case, your best bet would be Thomas Jefferson University. Otherwise, you'll have to venture outside of the city limits to find a good program.
There are many types of sonography education in Philadelphia. For instance, some people want to specialize in vascular ultrasound while others choose to go with a more general route. No matter what type of sonography you're interested in, you should make sure that you enroll in a program that's accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs, more commonly known as CAAHEP.
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our campus in Clearwater, Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Salaries for Sonographer
Philadelphia has more than 1,000 sonographer working in the city, and employees are paid fairly well. The average annual salary of an sonographer in the city is about on par with the national average at $58,810. This works out to an hourly wage of $28.27 - not bad at all when you take into consideration that you can get into the field without a four-year degree.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsAs mentioned above, you'll probably be taking classes at Thomas Jefferson University if you want to stay in Philadelphia. The school has many options when it comes to choosing what kind of academic program you want to enroll them. You can choose to:
go for an undergraduate certificate enroll in a bachelor's degree program attend part-time take classes full-time earn a master's degree
Becoming an sonography tech is a good choice - there are many jobs out there, the field is expected to continue to grow, and the salary is good. You can even stay right in Philadelphia while earning your certificate or degree.