Find Accredited Sonography Technician Schools
The first thing you need to do is find a school that will help you obtain certification. While there are many options around Philadelphia, you might want to stay in the city to get your degree. If this is the case, your best bet would be Thomas Jefferson University. Otherwise, you'll have to venture outside of the city limits to find a good program.
There are many types of sonography education in Philadelphia. For instance, some people want to specialize in vascular ultrasound while others choose to go with a more general route. No matter what type of sonography you're interested in, you should make sure that you enroll in a program that's accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs, more commonly known as CAAHEP.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Health Information Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Informatics
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science: Health Information Management
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MS Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Surgical Technology - Associate in Specialized Technology
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Electronic Health Records - Associate in Applied Business
Salaries for Sonographer
Philadelphia has more than 1,000 sonographer working in the city, and employees are paid fairly well. The average annual salary of an sonographer in the city is about on par with the national average at $58,810. This works out to an hourly wage of $28.27 - not bad at all when you take into consideration that you can get into the field without a four-year degree.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsAs mentioned above, you'll probably be taking classes at Thomas Jefferson University if you want to stay in Philadelphia. The school has many options when it comes to choosing what kind of academic program you want to enroll them. You can choose to:
go for an undergraduate certificate enroll in a bachelor's degree program attend part-time take classes full-time earn a master's degree
Becoming an sonography tech is a good choice - there are many jobs out there, the field is expected to continue to grow, and the salary is good. You can even stay right in Philadelphia while earning your certificate or degree.