Most accredited programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography are between 1-4 years, depending on the institution, offering a certificate, an Associates of Applied Science degree, or a Bachelor of Science Degree, with a concentration in General Sonography, Adult Echocardiography, Pediatric Echocardiography, and Vascular Sonography. After completing the program, an individual can sit for American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) exam to be a licensed technician. Most institutions require prerequisites in college-level algebra, physics, communications, and human anatomy and physiology in order to be accepted into the program. During the completion of the curriculum, a student will receive training in basic patient care, medical ethics and laws, medical terminology, and pathophysiology. A student will then continue on to learn about the technology, including acoustic physics, Doppler ultrasound principles, and ultrasound instrumentation. The student will also learn how to recognize, identify, and document the images, and, with the supervision of a qualified physician, diagnose irregularities and disease. In addition to coursework, students will be required to participate in hands-on training with clinical rotations.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Salaries for Ultrasound Technologists
According to Indeed.com, the average annual salary across Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography is $64,000, with a range of $54,000 in Bozeman to $70,000 in Billings. The national average annual salary is $70,000.
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography ProgramsThere are currently no accredited schools in Montana for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Nearby states have programs available at the following institutions: -Boise State University in Boise, Idaho -Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls, South Dakota -Laramie County Community College in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Online coursework training is also an available option. There are also three accredited online programs available through: -Washburn University in Topeka, KS -Jackson College in Jackson, Michigan -University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Medical Sonography Classes in Montana