The state of Missouri has a grand total of six institutions that offer accredited sonography tech programs. One of them is a hospital–St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, to be exact. Four of them are institutions established to provide tertiary education or vocational training to their respective communities; they are the University of Missouri-Columbia (Mizzou), Hillyard Technical Center in St. Joseph, St. Louis Community College, and Cox College in Springfield. The sixth institution is Sanford-Brown, a national educational organization that has a campus in Fenton. All ultrasound programs in Missouri are accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
SONOGRAPHY EDUCATION IN MISSOURI
Three of the sonography programs in Missouri–specifically offered by Hillyard, St. Louis Community College, and St. Luke’s College–award a Certificate in Diagnostic Medical Sonography upon completion. The certificate program has a curriculum that is easy to complete in little over a year. (St. Louis’ offering in particular consists of 42 credits.) Mizzou, which is the largest university in Missouri, has the most elaborate ultrasound technician training in the state. Here students can get a Bachelor or Master of Health Science (BHS or MHS) in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound. Cox College, a private institution narrowly focused on the health sciences, also offers a Bachelor of Science in diagnostic medical imaging. Sanford-Brown is the only institution of the six that has a two-year Associate of Applied Science program in ultrasound technician training.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
SALARIES FOR ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGISTS
Ultrasound technologists in Missouri generally make a little more money annually than professionals in the same field on a national scale. In 2012, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that diagnostic medical sonographers in the state had a median yearly income of $66,600 ($32.04 per hour). This is slightly more than the national median of $65,900 ($31.66 per hour). The bottom 10 percent of sonographers in Missouri made $48,100 ($23.12 per hour) in 2012, compared with the top 10 percent, which made $86,400 ($41.52 per hour). According to the BLS, there were 910 diagnostic medical sonographers in Missouri in the year 2010. The agency expects that number to grow to 1,210 (a 33 percent growth rate) between 2010 and 2020.
LIST OF DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHY PROGRAMS
- Cox College (Springfield, MO)
- Hillyard Technical Center (St. Joseph, MO)
- Sanford Brown College-Fenton (Fenton, MO)
- St Louis Community College-St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
- St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- University of Missouri-Columbia (Columbia, MO)
Medical Sonography Classes in Missouri
|Webster University||470 E Lockwood Ave. |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63119
|University of Missouri - Columbia (MU)||105 Jesse Hall |
Columbia, Missouri 65211
|Hillyard Technical Center||3434 Faraon St |
Saint Joseph, Missouri 64506
Liberal Arts College
COMPARESEE DETAILS ›
|1345 Smizer Mill Road |
Fenton, Missouri 63026
|Saint Louis Community College||300 South Broadway |
Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
|Cox College||1423 North Jefferson Avenue, Springfield, MO – 65802||www.coxhealth.com|
|Rolla Technical Center||500 Forum Dr, Rolla, MO – 65401||www.rolla.k12.mo.us/rti|
|St. Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City||624 Westport Road, Kansas City, MO – 64111||www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org|