Find Accredited Sonography Technician Schools in Dallas
Although there are more than 25 accredited diagnostic medical sonographers schools in Texas, there are only a couple in Dallas. However, there are about five within a 100-mile radius of Dallas. The two schools located right in Dallas are El Centro College and Sanford-Brown College - Dallas. When pursuing this career, it’s important that students choose accredited schools because students must have completed training at an accredited school if they wish to obtain certification.
Sonography education in Dallas consists of medical courses, lab courses and clinical education. Because these programs are degree programs, the student is also required to complete general education courses such as algebra, composition, and anatomy and physiology. The medical courses include sonography of obstetrics/gynecology, ultrasound principles and instrumentation, physics, sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and pharmacology. The final couple semesters will have the student completing field experiences and clinical internships in approved healthcare facilities. During the clinical phase, the students gain experience in the actual workplace and will perform procedures in various areas of sonography under the supervision of a certified diagnostic medial sonographer. When students complete this training, they’re qualified to take the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification exam. The can also pursue certifications through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
Study for your graduate education with University of Illinois at Chicago. We offer master’s degree and post-master’s certificate programs in health informatics that can be completed 100% online.
Salaries for Sonography Tech
The mean annual wages for sonography tech in the tri-city metropolitan areas of Dallas, Plano and Irving was $66,210, as of May 2012. This figure is consistent with the wages earned by this profession nationwide, which were $66,360, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, several factors can affect the earning potential for Dallas sonographer, such as level of training and experience, place of employment and certifications earned. An entry-level sonographer can earn about $43,000, while an individual experienced in this profession can earn more than $90,000.