Find Accredited Sonography Technician Schools in Dallas
Although there are more than 25 accredited diagnostic medical sonographers schools in Texas, there are only a couple in Dallas. However, there are about five within a 100-mile radius of Dallas. The two schools located right in Dallas are El Centro College and Sanford-Brown College – Dallas. When pursuing this career, it’s important that students choose accredited schools because students must have completed training at an accredited school if they wish to obtain certification.
Sonography education in Dallas consists of medical courses, lab courses and clinical education. Because these programs are degree programs, the student is also required to complete general education courses such as algebra, composition, and anatomy and physiology. The medical courses include sonography of obstetrics/gynecology, ultrasound principles and instrumentation, physics, sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and pharmacology. The final couple semesters will have the student completing field experiences and clinical internships in approved healthcare facilities. During the clinical phase, the students gain experience in the actual workplace and will perform procedures in various areas of sonography under the supervision of a certified diagnostic medial sonographer. When students complete this training, they’re qualified to take the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification exam. The can also pursue certifications through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Histotechnology (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Salaries for Sonography Tech
The mean annual wages for sonography tech in the tri-city metropolitan areas of Dallas, Plano and Irving was $66,210, as of May 2012. This figure is consistent with the wages earned by this profession nationwide, which were $66,360, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, several factors can affect the earning potential for Dallas sonographer, such as level of training and experience, place of employment and certifications earned. An entry-level sonographer can earn about $43,000, while an individual experienced in this profession can earn more than $90,000.